Fatal error: allowed memory size exhausted

17 years 7 months ago #20418 by squirt
Help!!

Whenever my users try to activate their account by replying to the email they get the following message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes)
in /home/mydomain/public_html/includes/pathway.php on line 122

What does this mean?. Is it a server problem?

Squirt

Post edited by: squirt, at: 2006/09/06 21:01

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #22433 by jurrian
Replied by jurrian on topic Re:Fatal error: allowed memory size exhausted
I'm getting:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 233472 bytes) in /var/www/ehbe/modules/mod_cblogin.php on line 243

It worket at the beginning but now i'm getting this message..

17 years 6 months ago #22446 by mikko
You have installed something that takes too much memory. Increase the memory setting in php.ini (or ask your host to do it fir you)

Why did you not just try to use google to find the answer? searching for "Allowed memory size of" "bytes exhausted" and clicking feeling lucky would habve given you both the same answer.

mikko

17 years 6 months ago #22526 by lashae
Excuse me but are you crazy? While testing you may increase the memory_limit in php.ini but could you imagine that a script uses 5MB of RAM for single execution then what to do with 1000 users using that script?

I get the same error for cb.menu.php

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 6291456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /home/mysite/public_html/v3/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmenu/cb.menu.php on line 816

It's very probable that the corresponding script has something wrong a small login script uses up 6291456bytes of memory.

Any idea??

17 years 6 months ago #22528 by mikko
lashae wrote:

Excuse me but are you crazy? While testing you may increase the memory_limit in php.ini but could you imagine that a script uses 5MB of RAM for single execution then what to do with 1000 users using that script?

If you have 1000 users hitting the site simultaneously you will face a performance problem anyway regardless of how much memory you have.

I get the same error for cb.menu.php

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 6291456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /home/mysite/public_html/v3/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmenu/cb.menu.php on line 816

It's very probable that the corresponding script has something wrong a small login script uses up 6291456bytes of memory.

Any idea??

SQL queries take a lot of memory. If you want to optimize the scripts you can use a profiling tool for php (google for php memory profiling) or running the executed queries with explain.

A lot of the scripts are not optimized because memory is not an issue for most of the users. For example 32 MB of memory/user can serve 64 simultanous request on a server with 2GB of memory. Practically this would mean several hundreds of people logged in and using the site intensively.

In many cases it is currently cheaper to upgrade to higher performance hardware than try to optimize code.

mikko

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2006/10/13 13:54

17 years 4 months ago #26115 by xainoo
why is community builder causing trouble when I try to view the profile page, it really creates the exact same thing, I tried to disable plugins but it just happens again and again, any solution other than increasing the memory in php.ini or .htaccess because my host just doesn't allow it!

and really, why should it take all this!
thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn