Thumbnail Avatar Size

15 years 1 month ago #20785 by edenapple
Thumbnail Avatar Size was created by edenapple
Hello,

I've changed the user avatar size (increased it to 150x150).

I am wondering if there is a way to get all of the already registered members (who have a picture uploaded) to have their thumbnails resized WITHOUT them reuploading their profile image themselves.

I understand that currently reuploading the image will produce the new thumbnail with the new size...But I have over 700 members and perhaps 500 of these have their profile image already there (the profile images are large in size) and it'll be abit of a pain asking them to reupload their image.

Thanks,

T.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #37655 by jeff21up
Replied by jeff21up on topic Re:Thumbnail Avatar Size
FIX FOR THUMBNAIL SIZES

In the module where you only get the 1 option to set width (i know there is no option to set height).
Put your value say 100,100
So input 2 values seperated by a comma
Hope this helps
Spent hours trying everything, even tried the code for square avatar, didn't work for me
jeff

12 years 11 months ago #79317 by electrra
Replied by electrra on topic Re:Thumbnail Avatar Size
hi edenapple

i too have that problem now with thumbnails being too small and changing the default size will not retro resize the older thumbnails.

I thought maybe what needs to happen is that instead of creating a thumbnail with tn_.jpg added, that the tn extension just gets deleted and the original image is called and resized to the new size. This may be a bit of a bandwidth strain thou, but it gives you the option to resize the thumbs at any time to any size.

Now i just need to figure out how to call the images without the tn_

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn