Chucks Extended Profile

17 years 3 months ago #27638 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Solved
radio wrote:

Another question LOL

How would i get Cb to display undisclosed in all the optional fields thats the user decided to leave blank? I really dont want empty space in my profile, it needs to diplay something for the desgin to work.

two steps:

add a default value to the relevant column in your comprofiler table (this will take care of new users)

use phpmyadmin (carefully) to update all empty values with default value.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #27703 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Solved
I dont know how to add a default value to the relevant column in the comprofiler table, How do i do that?

I have found this thread www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,924/catid,11/limit,6/limitstart,0/

but it is still not clear as i cant find jos_comprofiler_fields-table and what to edit it with.

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

17 years 3 months ago #27705 by nant
radio wrote:

I dont know how to add a default value to the relevant column in the comprofiler table, How do i do that?

I have found this thread www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,924/catid,11/limit,6/limitstart,0/

but it is still not clear as i cant find jos_comprofiler_fields-table and what to edit it with.

no need to look in jos_comprofile_fields table.
you need to find the column in the jos_comprofile table representing the field you want to add a default value to.
Then using phpmyadmin just modify the column definition adding a default value.

17 years 3 months ago #27708 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Solved

you need to find the column in the jos_comprofile table representing the field you want to add a default value to.

i dont know how to do that?

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

17 years 3 months ago #27717 by nant
radio wrote:

i dont know how to do that?

google it!

specify default column value using phpmyadmin

returns alot of links!

17 years 3 months ago #27750 by tomla
Replied by tomla on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
Do you have a functioning demo of this profile?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.811 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn