Problems With User Profile Page

16 years 10 months ago #38109 by subhayu
Problems With User Profile Page was created by subhayu
Respected Sir,
I am using CB 1.0.2 with Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ] 25 December 2006 01:00 UTC.I am the first time CB user.
After Registration when i am logging in for the first time I am seeing my Profile page.It is displaying the /index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userlist page,where i can see the Avatar Image along with the Details tab.And above two buttons named Community and Edit.
But after log out,when i'm logging in for the second time i can't see the profile page.......instead only the index.php is being displayed.
My questions are:
1>What changes i'll have to make and where in order to see the profile page?

2>How to modify the profile page.....suppose i want add a button along with the community,Edit button......how i'll do that

Thanking You.
Yours sincerely.
Subhayu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #38357 by wingflap
Replied by wingflap on topic Re:Problems With User Profile Page

1>What changes i'll have to make and where in order to see the profile page?

From the Readme.txt file that comes with Community Builder:

8) Add a new user menu item for the comprofiler component
(this will be the users profile page).
For this, go to menu -> user menu, click New, select component,
then Community Builder (com_comprofiler), give a name and save.
9) Add a new user menu item as a Link-URL and point it to
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList
(this will be the searchable users list).

For step 8 - Be sure to select Component as the Menu Type and then select the Community Builder component. This will give you a correct menu link to the profile page.

For step 9, make sure that you are creating a Link-URL type menu item and then give it the URL specified in step 9.

NOTE: You can modify the default user list and add additional lists which can vary in terms of who can access them as well as what information is displayed. It is quite flexible.

I am the Wingflap. Goo Goo G'Joob!<br>

How comfortable are you? Visit www.comfortometer.com

15 years 4 months ago #79867 by madmindz
Replied by madmindz on topic Re:Problems With User Profile Page
I am having the same problem with step 9. I have read and reread the steps. My problem its not allowing me to paste or modify the default url in the link. I am using the latest version of joomla 1.5.8 and community builder 1.1. I created the new menu in step 8 name it user menu, followed steps to the "T" until step 9. I select the new user menu I created in ste8 attempt to add a menu item of course since it is one of the default web links it wont allow me to modify the link what am i doing wrong.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn