Hello %username% : how to do this ?

16 years 1 week ago #60955 by weblink
Hello %username% : how to do this ? was created by weblink
I need to create a simple page that displays something like:

Hello %USERNAME%, you gender is %GENDER%

that should of course diplay the username and the gender of a loggedin user.

I need to connect a videochat that is not part of joomla and I want users to avoid their re-login and password.

We must be able to extract the data (username...) from Community Builder. The ideal would be to be able to obtain these variables in the URL (something like that : www.myweb.com/chat.php?username=%username%&password=%password%)
Please help
Regards

Post edited by: weblink, at: 2008/04/14 23:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #79444 by novamation
Replied by novamation on topic Re:Hello %username% : how to do this ?
I would like to do this as well, why are people avoiding this post? I need to be able to extract the userid variable from the php page so that I can run a query in the background that runs a plugin that I have developed, but I can't find anyone who will share the information with me. Is this a taboo subject? If it is, then I will continue trying to hack this thing the hard way, but I could use a leg up on development here.

15 years 5 months ago #79457 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Hello %username% : how to do this ?
weblink wrote:

The ideal would be to be able to obtain these variables in the URL (something like that : www.myweb.com/chat.php?username=%username%&password=%password%)
Please help
Regards

Post edited by: weblink, at: 2008/04/14 23:05

The password is encrypted in the database - no way to decrypt it.

You would need to create a bridge which is an involved development process.

15 years 5 months ago #79458 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Hello %username% : how to do this ?
novamation wrote:

I would like to do this as well, why are people avoiding this post? I need to be able to extract the userid variable from the php page so that I can run a query in the background that runs a plugin that I have developed, but I can't find anyone who will share the information with me. Is this a taboo subject? If it is, then I will continue trying to hack this thing the hard way, but I could use a leg up on development here.

You should find all module development tutorials from joomla.org.

You should study as many module (code wise) as possible.

You can also look at the helloworld articles on this site and study the plugins.

No easy way to learn - you must look at how things work and experiment.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn