[Joomla1.5.1]Avatar will upload, but will not show

17 years 5 months ago #25002 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
BigL1 wrote:

Same problem here. Avatar thumbs work fine in lists and login, but not on the profile page and neither will an image be displayed when approving from the workerflow. :(
The only way to get it displayed is to fill the field "avatar" in the #__users table (jos_users in my case)

I copied the avatar field value from jos_comprofiler table that holds a filename like "67_455734faf390a.jpg" to the jos_users table and voila... it appears on the profile page. So I could run a query to update the jos_users table, but I don't think that's a permanent solution. :dry:

So should the avatar field in jos_users table be updated so that it can be displayed or is something else wrong?
The CB version I installed a couple of days ago is 1.0.1 and I have this problem from the start.
Joomla version is 1.0.11.

P.S. I also noticed that the jos_comprofiler table holds no values for first name, last name etc, but that could be something entirely different.

Post edited by: BigL1, at: 2006/11/15 01:48

what does it say when you use components->CB->tools->synchronize users ?

all green there ?

do you have first + last name setting ?

do you use CB login module and CB registration page ?

Looks like there is a comprofiler row missing with same id than in users table. and these are typically the configuration errors leading to this situation.

EDIT: you seem to have a user or comprofiler entry with id = 0 !

There is a bug which under very rare particular circumstances may lead to this. Fixed in upcoming 1.0.2.

For this you need to delete this entry in jos_users or jos_comprofiler with id = 0.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2006/11/20 02:10

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #25004 by BigL1
Replied by BigL1 on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
Beat,
I'll start with answering your questions:

what does it say when you use components->CB->tools->synchronize users ? all green there ?

Yes

do you have first + last name setting ?

Yes

do you use CB login module and CB registration page ?

Yes

Looks like there is a comprofiler row missing with same id than in users table. and these are typically the configuration errors leading to this situation.
EDIT: you seem to have a user or comprofiler entry with id = 0 !

Not so:
Executing query [code:1]SELECT * FROM `jos_comprofiler` as a join `jos_users` as b on (a.id=b.id)[/code:1] returns 30 records. Count on both tables also return 30.

As explained in my first post, simply updating the avatar in my `jos_users' table solves everything. Write permissions and image software all check out.
I browsed around the php code (which, I must confess, is not in my field of expertise) and found no code to update the jos_users table with the avatar. If I missed it, could you tell me where to find it?

17 years 4 months ago #25217 by benjo4u
Replied by benjo4u on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
I uninstalled components modules and bots that I thought might conflict: bookmarks, categories, userextended, ltmg homepages, uhp homepages etc. I took a look at the mos_users and mos_comprofiler to see that they matched and deleted a record in mos_users with id=0. the avatars now showed up in profile view. I also had a problem adding new users which I changed in mysql by changing the primary key in the above tables to autoincrement and it works great, now! (I thought it might be because I changed from mambo to joomla, but I guess not)

17 years 4 months ago #25256 by remerus
Replied by remerus on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
I'm experiencing the same problem - avatars not showing.

I have a bog-standard install of CB 1.0.1 on Mambo 4.5.3h. The only plugins enabled are those that came with the install, enabled. The site has 143 existing users. All indicators for image libraries are green (except GD1.x which doesn't exist)

I created a test user on the site, uploaded my details and avatar pic. Success - I could see the avatar in profile as well as list view. No errors on image upload.

Asked another admin to do the same - she can see her avatar pic herself in profile view but not in list view. Also no errors on image upload.

I can't see her avatar in any view. Is this a bug or a newbie being noob?

17 years 4 months ago #25285 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
I finally got SQL access to one of the sites this evening and took a look.

Somehow another component created an "avatar" column also in the jos_users table (as well as modified other things in joomla-system table jos_users). Therefore the CB requests for avatar were served sometimes by users sometimes by comprofiler table, making it inconsistent.

CB does not modify joomla-system tables.

Would love to know which component :evil: modifies these system tables. It's not CB.

Removed that "avatar" column in jos_users, and avatars started working again. B)

Hope this helps.

In just released CB 1.0.2 there is a DB check function in CB->tools, detecting some inconsistencies in CB tables, but it will not check joomla system tables !

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 4 months ago #25418 by BigL1
Replied by BigL1 on topic Re:Avatar will upload, but will not show
Think I found the "villain" :evil: in my case. It's loudmouth. I installed on my "test site" to see what's it about. So I uninstalled and indeed everything works fine!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn