No Viewable Items

14 years 4 months ago #118231 by kensikora
No Viewable Items was created by kensikora
I know this has been addressed before, but...

When I click on the user tab in CB and try to "enable gallery" and "automatically approve", and save, the settings do not save.

I assume that they have to be checked for a user in order for the gallery to work.

Gallery shows, "No Viewable Items".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #118232 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:No Viewable Items
What versions Joomla, PHP, CB and CB Gallery?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 4 months ago #118260 by kensikora
Replied by kensikora on topic Re:No Viewable Items
Thanks,

Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable

PHP version 5.2.9
MySQL version 5.1.30

CB 1.2

CB Gallery (aka Nant's Gallery) 1.0 RC2

Is there any documentation for this? I find it hard to find a "manual", ie, screenshots, explanations of settings, what affects what.

I compliment the developers but I find most applications lack in documentation.

For example, the Gallery moderation: it's unknown (to me) if this is supposed to function.

Or what buttons need to be enabled for it to work.

Thanks,

Ken

Post edited by: kensikora, at: 2009/12/03 05:32

14 years 4 months ago #118264 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:No Viewable Items
kensikora wrote:

Thanks,

Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable

PHP version 5.2.9
MySQL version 5.1.30

CB 1.2

CB Gallery (aka Nant's Gallery) 1.0 RC2

Is there any documentation for this? I find it hard to find a "manual", ie, screenshots, explanations of settings, what affects what.

I compliment the developers but I find most applications lack in documentation.

For example, the Gallery moderation: it's unknown (to me) if this is supposed to function.

Or what buttons need to be enabled for it to work.

Thanks,

Ken

Post edited by: kensikora, at: 2009/12/03 05:32

The latest gallery plugin (compatible with Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2.1) is available only for doc subscribers. It also has documentation.

14 years 4 months ago #118317 by kensikora
Replied by kensikora on topic Re:No Viewable Items
Thanks!

You know, all this could be explained on a page (article) about the component! I don't mean to lecture you but I find developers are great at doing what they do, but don't explain it very well.

Does the 1 year subscription mean that the plugin will stop working after one year?

(Explain in your subscription article would help!)

Thanks again,

Ken

14 years 4 months ago #118321 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:No Viewable Items
kensikora wrote:

Thanks!

You know, all this could be explained on a page (article) about the component! I don't mean to lecture you but I find developers are great at doing what they do, but don't explain it very well.

Have you read the documentation that comes in the Gallery download? I don't think anyone could apply this generality to Nick's documentation. He spends hours and hours on his documentation, and it's some of the best I've seen... if not THE best. The problem is, people have to read it to benefit from it.
;)

Does the 1 year subscription mean that the plugin will stop working after one year?

No, but the subscription is mainly to support development, and renewal is appreciated. Also, if new versions are available to subscribers, you will no longer receive the newer version as a 'thank you' for your support, nor will you receive any future 'thank you' gifts of future plugins or CB RCs.
:P

(Explain in your subscription article would help!)

Thanks again,

Ken

The documentation subscription is explained in detail right in your profile, and there are several other places where you will see things like, "You can only get this as a thank you for subscribing." There is no mention of a plugin expiration, so I'm not sure where you would get that idea.
:unsure:

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/12/04 03:38

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn