New CB Gallery release in testing (RELEASED)

16 years 9 months ago #40277 by nant
For those who have been folowing my blog, I have been trying to further development on my CB Gallery plugin (aka Nant's Gallery). However, even though I have tested the addition of various features on my development environment, I have not managed to get something out. Just too ambitious I guess.
Too many features without redesign has made the code a mess. I guess a redesign - rewrite is in order.

And I am doing this in my own spare time (so who knows when this will finish).

In the meantime some members have contacted me to pay for the addition of specific features to the existing version. These sponsors collectively offer their money (make pledges) and basically give me some extra motivation to add these (hopefully small code design impact) features. The resulting release will of course be released free to the rest of the community.

The first such sponsored release feature will be CB 1.0 RC2 SR1 and will contain a feature to edit titles and decriptions (without deleting and uploading items again). It is currently in testing and should be released next week. It was Sponsored by Redboat Design - www.redboatdesign.com !

I am not really trying to encourage or discourage future similar actions - they will all be treated as separate cases and evaluated as such - all resulting work will be released for free to the rest of the community.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/07/06 21:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #40280 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:New CB Gallery release in testing
Hooping to have from you asap new releases

Many Thanks for your great work,
Emiliano alias doctorlife

16 years 9 months ago #40285 by Ricsca
Replied by Ricsca on topic Re:New CB Gallery release in testing
Thanks!!!! ;)

16 years 9 months ago #40301 by joanie57
Replied by joanie57 on topic Re:New CB Gallery release in testing
Thank you, Nant - I appreciate your hard work!

That will be a great feature (ability to edit picture info) and I'm looking forward to being able to use it.

16 years 9 months ago #40624 by nant

16 years 9 months ago #40799 by paulleeson
Replied by paulleeson on topic Re:New CB Gallery release in testing (RELEASED)
I would like to thank Nick for all his help on this and would also like to encourage others to sponsor future CB projects especially with the GNU License decision recently.

Many thanks again Nick.

Paul Leeson

Redboat Design.

Post edited by: paulleeson, at: 2007/07/10 22:18

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn