Requesting some advice on CB + phpbb3 + Joomla 1.7

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #172316 by jgardounis
Hello guys, I would like some advice:

I have an old SMF site/forum. I am currently building a new version of this site with Joomla 1.7, with CB1.7 and phpBB3.

In order for the users to be able to log in on both site and forum with one username, I used jFusion. Unfortunately it didnt connect the profiles of the users as well.

Then, I found this jFusion CB integration plug-in which I used, but still I can't seem to make the profile show the forum avatar.

My questions are:

1) Is there a way to connect the avatars between the phpbb3 and the cb?

2) Is there a more compatible forum which is also compatible to phpbb templates? I have done the template for the phpbb3 forum and I really really dont want to redo it all over again.

3) Can I make it so that the from the site I can view the forum profile of the user (meaning the data/fields/etc) but using the site's visual template?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #172500 by geeffland
Unfortunately I have not had a chance to update CB Connector since Joomla! 1.5 came out. Needless to say I can not guarantee that it works with Joomla! 1.7 (or 1.6 either).

Until I get a chance to get back on CB Connector the forum which probably integrates best with Joomla (as far as I know) is Kunena. The same forum that they use here on Joomlapolis.com

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

12 years 7 months ago #172511 by jgardounis
I actually tried it and unfortunately it is 100% incompatible with Joomla 1.7, at its present state. Are there any plans for producing a 1.7 compatible version? Will it be soon (-ish)?

12 years 7 months ago #172836 by geeffland
I do plan to upgrade the component but have some other higher priorities at the moment.

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin
The following user(s) said Thank You: denNISI

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn