Avatars for Joomla and phpBb3 are still diffrent

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #188722 by datamat
Joomla 1.5.22
CB 1.7.1
Mehdi Bridge
CB Connector 2.5.0 beta

Hello,

CB Connector install was easy and all is working..but just the avatars in joomla and phpbb
need still to be selected in joomla and in phpbb.

how can this be fixed?
is there a special setting at the plugin?
i didnt patched anything yet...

greetings

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #188832 by geeffland
That feature is not in the current version of the CB Connector. There was some differing opinions on how it should work so it was disabled until we figured out how it should work. It is possible that some code is still in the plugin but not called.

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #188841 by datamat
Thanks!
When this will work?

12 years 1 month ago #189040 by geeffland
That is a great question. Currently struggling with motivation to create a new version. The last full version was for Joomla! 1.0 with a patch/band-aid for Joomla! 1.5.

I have started a version for Joomla! 1.7 and CB 1.7... very early on was mainly working on concepts as I am going to re-gut the plugin.

Current thoughts are to change CB Connector (CBC) to a 'framework' type of plugin that does some internal work and exposes it's own event triggers. Then have the forum, or other software be a CB plugin that reacts to CBC's events. My thoughts are this should allow a one-to-many relationship allowing CBC to log the user into multiple forums or other software.

But as mentioned above, with all of life's other events it is difficult to find the time and motivation to revamp CBC to the current generation of Joomla! and Community Builder (especially with Joomla! now going to a +- 6 month version cycle)... tough to keep it up to date.

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn