German Language Pack installled and then?

16 years 1 month ago #56141 by TestFreak
Hi,

I am new to CB. I just installed the german f language pack over the plugin management of cb.

Now, how can I activate the german language?
It is still in english.

Thank You

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #56226 by TestFreak
Replied by TestFreak on topic Re:German Language Pack installled and then?
No idea? Come on :S

16 years 1 month ago #56232 by nant
This is done by the cms.

You should have also installed the German language package for Joomla/Mambo and then you should have set the default language to German.

CB will follow this setting.

16 years 1 month ago #56308 by Camino
Hi Testfreak, although I am German myself I am writing in English so that others can solve similar problems.

I encountered the same problem that everything was still in English in CB backend and in frontend registration fields like "name" and "this field is required" although I tried to set German as default language everywhere possible.

What I did now is the following:

I renamed the germani.php to default_language.php and uploaded it to the folder components/com_profiler/plugin/language/default_language

This also solves the often mentioned problem that fields like "first name" and "last name" appear in my language now.

However, some fields are yet not translated. I assume that germani.php needs some dedicated review and/or synchronization with latest Joomla 1.5 field names (it is just a guess because I am just a trial and error user).

Hope it helped!

16 years 1 month ago #57024 by TestFreak
Replied by TestFreak on topic Re:German Language Pack installled and then?
Thank You,

I also hab to change some Variables from SB to FB for correct display in Fireboard.

The backend still looks very bad, because there is not very much translated.

I think I'll keep that in english.

16 years 1 month ago #57774 by magpuk
I've got the same problem (Joomla 1.5.1 German), but I solved it as follows:

Look in your Languages Configuration of Joomla 1.5. On my site, I have English, Spanish and German with big 'g'!!!

So: what you have to do is (for all components, mods etc. in legacy mode):

copy all component german language files, e.g. german.php in relevant subfolders (administrator, components) to German.php

That works fine, also tested in Fireboard, DocMan

--

Nochmal auf deutsch: Ich hatte das Problem auch und für meine mehrsprachige Seite folgendermaßen gelöst:

Das Problem ist, dass die Hauptsprache in meinem Joomla nicht german oder germani ist, sondern German mit großem g. Also habe ich alle komponentenbezogenen language files german*.* kopiert und umbenannt in German*.*

Und siehe da: es funktioniert perfekt!

Dieser "Trick" funktioniert übrigens bei allen Komponenten, Modulen mit language files in eigenen Ordnern. Habe ich u.a. getestet mit FireBoard und CommunityBuilder und Docman unter Joomla 1.5 - ist jetzt also voll dreisprachig.

Viel Spaß und einen schönen Tag
magpuk

Post edited by: magpuk, at: 2008/02/28 13:16

Post edited by: magpuk, at: 2008/02/28 13:26

Post edited by: magpuk, at: 2008/02/28 13:37

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.593 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn