What is groupjive?

17 years 4 months ago #26967 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic Re:What is groupjive?
Group Jive download upon Group Jive site is a bad link. Any chance of another link to downloads?

Regarding last post, if I'm reading your correctly, I can't see how it would be feasible to run two forums (SMF / Joomlaboard) at the same time for the purpose of running Group Jive. I just began using SMF for the first time, using the new CB bridge, which works very well so far. I am still learning it. I love the simplicity of Joomlaboard but for a large site with many categories and child / sub-categories, Simple Machines Forum is the answer with its myriad of other features whereas Joomlaboard is very limited.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #26969 by desngkb
Replied by desngkb on topic Re:What is groupjive?
FidelGonzales wrote:

Group Jive download upon Group Jive site is a bad link. Any chance of another link to downloads?

Regarding last post, if I'm reading your correctly, I can't see how it would be feasible to run two forums (SMF / Joomlaboard) at the same time for the purpose of running Group Jive. I just began using SMF for the first time, using the new CB bridge, which works very well so far. I am still learning it. I love the simplicity of Joomlaboard but for a large site with many categories and child / sub-categories, Simple Machines Forum is the answer with its myriad of other features whereas Joomlaboard is very limited.

I got the same view as yours in regards to use smf for large site but SMF dont seem to integrate well with CB plugin unless modifying the SMF. Although so many MOD in SMF but if using other templates apart from the default need to again modify the code. Haiz...too tedious process for me..so i revert back to use joomlaboard only.

Apart from this, i realise that SMF actually also have sort of group features. Just wondering if Groupjive can make good of this features? :P

17 years 4 months ago #26971 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:What is groupjive?
desngkb wrote:

FidelGonzales wrote:

I got the same view as yours in regards to use smf for large site but SMF dont seem to integrate well with CB plugin unless modifying the SMF. Although so many MOD in SMF but if using other templates apart from the default need to again modify the code. Haiz...too tedious process for me..so i revert back to use joomlaboard only.

Apart from this, i realise that SMF actually also have sort of group features. Just wondering if Groupjive can make good of this features? :P

Wooh yeh omg that would be awesome :D

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

17 years 4 months ago #26972 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic Re:What is groupjive?
Well, fortunately there is a script that appears to work okay for those looking to migrate from Joomlaboard to SMF, which would likely be needed for dramatic site visitor and forum category expansion. I agree, though, SMF requires more configuration and its many options require consideration when maintain smooth integration with CB.

I have taken notice to the SMF group features, which seem far better than what CB tends to have out of the box. These group features also integrate well into the forum with many options and features. This is not possible with Joomlaboard. Likewise, forum categories with extensive permission options are not available in Joomlaboard, either. But with that said, so far, the group option in SMF are not integrated into the CB profile, as far as I can tell after approximately two long days into site development.

With that said, I make an attempt to forsee the direction of the community, community projects, project features and project developers when selecting components and feel that SMF is viable solution.

The last time I tested Group Jive, it worked well and had good features, but I am banking on the superior support and superior group features offered through the SMF option, which I expect will be better integrated with CB in the future. Nevertheless, Joomlaboard is quick and easy. Where SMF might take me 30-45 minutes for a basic installation, Joomlaboard will take only 10 minutes.

BOTTOMLINE: I've got my eye out for options.

17 years 4 months ago #26973 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:What is groupjive?
I personally hate Joomlaboard. It drives me crazy with all those basic features. In example I cannot delete a post or topic, I cannot post attachements to a post (dont know if this can be enabled), how many templates are there, like 1-3? All you can use it for is some basic clan site where you only need to be able to create topics and reply into them. Yes, JP uses it, but that sucks too... smf would be much better.

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

17 years 4 months ago #26976 by DavidF
Replied by DavidF on topic Re:What is groupjive?
okay guys, just wondering if we could get back to the topic groupjive and its functions and not which forum is better - we will go on using the JB Forum bc it is integrated completetly into joomla!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds