Configuration - CGI Error

18 years 4 months ago #2387 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Configuration - CGI Error
I recommend installing the whole thing on a server that you have access to logs.

I personally have 3 different sites, one is on my personal desktop behind a firewall and no external access. This computer is for development and I always install things there first.

Then is a test server that is a public server run by a friend of mine. There goes averything that works on the desktop.

When the stuff works fine on the test server, it goes to production on a hosted server.

All the computers have roughly the same config with php4, mysql4 and apache. This way there is never insufficient access rights for each development phase and debugging is quite easy.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #2479 by QuinnTheAdmin
Replied by QuinnTheAdmin on topic Re:Configuration - CGI Error
Thanks for your suggestion, but I found the issue... after upgrading to php5 there was still a php4 -cgi.exe in the server configuration for all sites. I had setup the particular website properties correctly following the install directions. But still had the CGI issue.

In IIS6 under the overall properties for all web sites... application configuration - edit the old PHP entry to the new php5isapi.dll B)

17 years 9 months ago #16427 by SamBrown
Replied by SamBrown on topic Re:Configuration - CGI Error
Hi

Here is the solution for this problem.... It works for me !!! Sorry for my english... I'm better in german... ;-)

============================================================

The problem is, how the Community Builder recognize the existence of Imagemagick on the server.

The call "exec('convert -version', $output, $status);"
tries to load the programm convert.exe of Imagemagick...

But in Windows exists a systemfile convert.exe and this file will be loaded instead of convert.exe of Imagemagick.

This is the reason, why in the backend module the configuration is not shown.

I think this is a designing issue and should be corrected in future versions. Then the CB runs also under Windows environment.

To resolve the problem you have to edit the line 626 (in older version line 619) of the file

'administrator\components\com_comprofiler\imgToolbox.class.php'

from

[code:1]"exec('convert -version', $output, $status);" [/code:1]
to

[code:1]"exec('c:\php\imagemagick\convert -version', $output, $status);"[/code:1]

if on your server ImageMagick is installed under c:\\php\\imagemagick\

=========================================================

Good Luck

Sam B)

Post edited by: SamBrown, at: 2006/07/03 13:33

Post edited by: SamBrown, at: 2006/07/03 13:35

Post edited by: SamBrown, at: 2006/07/03 13:36

17 years 8 months ago #18170 by mjvvorst
Replied by mjvvorst on topic Re:Configuration - CGI Error
Sam,

You're right. Commenting this line solves the problem.
But I'm in a hosted environment and can't find the absolute path to their \imagemagick\convert !
Can I just comment the line without any risk?

Mark

17 years 7 months ago #19594 by schwimmbeck
Replied by schwimmbeck on topic Re:Configuration - CGI Error
As i've understood the source code of imgToolbox.class.php, cb autodetects installed image manipulation libraries.

I have only installed the GD2 library but the same error message appears.

This solution doesn`t work for GD2.

Does someone have the same problem with GD2 ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn