Not working at all

18 years 2 months ago #4381 by ausref
Not working at all was created by ausref
I've searched but can't find anyone else reporting this problem.

I'm trying to install RC2 on a Joomla! 1.0.7 site - install process seems to work fine, everything reports okay, and I can administer everything from the backend without any problems.

But when I try logging in using the provided module, I get sent to an apparently nonexistent page and get a 404 error. The address is mydomain//component/option,com_comprofiler/task,login/

I have also tried creating a menu link (mainmenu instead of usermenu since I can't login!) to the component, and get a 404 for this as well - mydomain//component/option,com_comprofiler/Itemid,31/

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, looked through the install files using FTP and everything seems to be in place...

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #4393 by JoomlaJoe
Replied by JoomlaJoe on topic Re:Not working at all
ausref wrote:

mydomain//component/option,com_comprofiler/task,login/

If it has 2 slashes after mydomain then that is likely your problem. Make sure you only have one slash after that.

JoomlaJoe *The developer formally known as MamboJoe*
CB Core Team

18 years 1 month ago #5187 by ausref
Replied by ausref on topic Re:Not working at all
And how precisely would I manage that? That's what the CB login module sends me to!

18 years 1 month ago #5189 by ausref
Okay, removed the trailing slash from the variable $mosConfig_live_site in the configuration.php file - however this hasn't fixed the problem (nor has it ever affected any other component/module before).

Any other ideas?

18 years 1 month ago #5190 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Not working at all
ausref wrote:

And how precisely would I manage that? That's what the CB login module sends me to!

It sends you there because thats the information you have given it when you first installed Joomla. Please take a look at your global settings server tab and see what the live site parameter says. If its has something like www.mydomain.com/ then you need to get rid of the trailing /.

To fix this you would have to edit your config.php file and look for the $mosConfig_live_site = line to get rid of the trailing /.

18 years 1 month ago #5191 by ausref
Thanks for that anyway - any ideas in light of my last post above though?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn