Install prompts index.php download

15 years 9 months ago #69887 by bluepineapple
Install prompts index.php download was created by bluepineapple
I'm performing a new install on one of my sites. I installed the comprofiler first and upon installation, it prompts me with an open file window:

You have chosen to open index.php which is a PHP script and the choice to open, or download.

I've run into this before when testing other components and it seems to always be bad news. I tried both open and download on two different sites. Which moves past the window, however issues ensue.

After following the additional steps installing the cblogin and comprofilemoderator, I completed steps 7-9, but when I reached 10 to "Synchronize Users" the same open file window pops up again. In fact none of the tools under the components > Community Builder menu is available. All prompt to open the index.php.

I've been using Joomla for about 6 months and CB is exactly what I need for one of my sites. Does anyone have any ideas about what is going wrong?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #70046 by bluepineapple
Replied by bluepineapple on topic Re:Install prompts index.php download
I corrected this. Essentially their was not enough memory allocated. The error I was getting: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in ...
bumped it from 8Mb to 12Mb and the component works fine.

I hope this helps if someone else runs into the same thing.

15 years 9 months ago #70068 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Install prompts index.php download
Please check blank screen FAQ in Community Builder section on this site. It's same as blank screen.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 9 months ago #70070 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Install prompts index.php download
ok, cool. Didn't see your answer when posting. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn