Loading users via sql

16 years 8 months ago #42681 by pvh
Loading users via sql was created by pvh
Hi,

I currently use a Microsoft Access database on my live website containing user information. I want to load this information in the Joomla/CB tables.
Can you tell me which tables I have to use for creating the users in the Joomla/CB database?

Rgrds,

Pieter

Post edited by: pvh, at: 2007/08/12 12:45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42684 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Loading users via sql
not that simple ...

there are 3 joomla tables that are invloved

- jos_users
- jos_core_acl_aro
- jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map

the 3 of these contain information regarding new joomla users.

the tricky part is the password field in jos_users - this is hashed and you should follow a specific hashing process to populate.

there is a component i think called juice? that handles such imports for joomla.

once you do this then you can take a look at the jos_comprofiler table that basically extends the jos_users table.

you need to have a good understanding of databases and php to do this on your own.

good luck!

16 years 8 months ago #42690 by pvh
Replied by pvh on topic Re:Loading users via sql
Thanks very much, nant.

When reading your post, I thought if I load this user info in the standard Joomla tables and use the CB synchronise tool to get them into CB, would that be better?

I could also implement a standard password where upon logging in they have to specify there new password.
I do that on my current website written in ASP as well.

Pieter

16 years 8 months ago #42695 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Loading users via sql
pvh wrote:

Thanks very much, nant.

When reading your post, I thought if I load this user info in the standard Joomla tables and use the CB synchronise tool to get them into CB, would that be better?

I could also implement a standard password where upon logging in they have to specify there new password.
I do that on my current website written in ASP as well.

Pieter

if they are properly loaded to joomla tables (and joomla works with them) then cb tools can sync them.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn