SWMenuPro users watch out! Confirmed bug!

16 years 8 months ago #42314 by ffaabbss
There is an incompatibility between SWMenuPro using transmenu and CB1.1:

The dev from SWMenu is searching for a fix. But he is not sure how to do it. Maybe this can be solved from CB side?

Here is the problem:
[code:1]Fabian,
I've tracked the problem down in community builder but haven't got an swMenuPro fix yet.

Problem only seems to be with the transmenu and has to do with the cookie. If you edit the administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php file at line 2471 you have this:

if ( ( $validateValuePost == $validate[0] ) && ( $validateValueCookie == $validate[1] ) ) {

If you remove the second condition then it works:

if ( ( $validateValuePost == $validate[0] ) ) { [/code:1]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #42336 by beat
This fix removes anti-spam/spoof protection in CB and is a workaround which doesn't solve the problem.

As already analysed during CB testteam session a few days ago (took quite a few hours actually), the problem seems to be as follows:

1) your site Javascript seems to have an error preventing the initialization code of CB to be executed;

2) it seems to reload or modify the page with different content, and this makes CB detect a session timeout.

Without being able to exclude CB 100%, it looks very much to be a bug elsewhere in your site, and it looks like when you unpublish SWMenuPro it works fine.

We couldn't go very deep in analysis, since the Javascript code of SWMenuPro is compacted, but have given the above information.

We hope a fix will be found soon.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #42369 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:SWMenuPro users watch out! Confirmed bug!
Here is the fix for SWMenuPro:
(by Sean White- developer of SWMenu)

Try replacing the modules/mod_swmenupro/transmenu_packed.js file with the one attached. Refresh your browser and try it.

Attachment transmenu_Packed.zip not found

Attachments:

16 years 8 months ago #42424 by beat
Cool B)

Nice to hear :)

Thanks for sharing the fix :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #42792 by saronno
Replied by saronno on topic Re:SWMenuPro users watch out! Confirmed bug!
I had to switch to MyGosu menu. After the fix my horizontal top menu made a mess ...

submenu showed dislocated, without css (just submenu) and the menu took space verticallyalso if submenu was not active.

Any ideas?

16 years 8 months ago #42797 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:SWMenuPro users watch out! Confirmed bug!
Please go to SWMenuPro.com and go to the forum for Pro-version 5---
this thread:
www.swmenupro.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=302&topic=4977.0

Please post your issue there. Sean is very fast in solving stuff. Excellent support really. Then also please attach the URL for this thread so he can maybe join in here to post his fixes... Or you post the fix once he has answered you please.

Good luck
Fabs

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn