admin backend login problem [SOLVED]

16 years 7 months ago #43408 by sebastian2007
admin backend login problem [SOLVED] was created by sebastian2007
Installed CB 1.1.0 on Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] 21 July 2007 16:00 UTC.

there are some topics regarding this admin backend problem, i found this:

installing and configuration worked well. logging in with cb login module works, but after updating your profile your md5-hashed password in your sql database is updated with md5 and salt so let's say before it looked like this: 34h134h1k414j1iu43 and afterwards like this: hrjqhi3i41:43jqd89 :dry: because of the $salt variable added to the password and maybe because of no full charset support e.g. symbols the admin login cannot work. i will try to fix this tomorrow - it is 5am... :huh:

What is about using the cblogin routine for admin backend too?
Is this a security risk so is it better to change the cb login?

Post edited by: sebastian2007, at: 2007/08/19 15:19

Post edited by: sebastian2007, at: 2007/08/21 11:57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #43555 by dpk
Replied by dpk on topic Re:admin backend login problem
I do not see any salt added in password fields in the user table . I am using Mambo 4.5.5 and am unable to login to the backend.

16 years 7 months ago #43568 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:admin backend login problem
dpk wrote:

I do not see any salt added in password fields in the user table . I am using Mambo 4.5.5 and am unable to login to the backend.

This is a different issue. CB doesn't change do anything to Mambo passwords.

Maybe some special chars in the password which are handled differently in backend login ?

Or is the user backend-authorized ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #43582 by sebastian2007
Replied by sebastian2007 on topic Re:admin backend login problem
Please move the topic because as I figured out this is a Joomla! problem.

I tried many things and a fix by Rob Schley from the Joomla! Core Team worked for me, after resetting the password in the database.

Follow these steps:
1. Download the fix (file attached here)
2. Upload the files index.php to (joomla-directory)/administrator and joomla.php to (joomla-directory)/includes.
3. Search for md5 generator in the web and generate the md5-hash for your original password.
4. Login to your server's sql-database and go to "users" table (joomla-prefix for default: jos_users)
5. Edit your username's hash(row password) that looks like this e.g. 2141291513513f3123f1:gn422904u and update it by pasting the md5-hash generated in step 3

5 steps to be happy ;) Hope this helps :)

Original file posting at: forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic=193707.msg943504.html#msg943504
My original CB posting: Community Builder cb Administrator admin backend Login Problem ( forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic=195718.msg956352#msg956352 )

Attachment fix.zip not found

Attachments:

16 years 7 months ago #43584 by dpk
Replied by dpk on topic Re:admin backend login problem
beat wrote:

dpk wrote:

This is a different issue. CB doesn't change do anything to Mambo passwords.

Maybe some special chars in the password which are handled differently in backend login ?

Or is the user backend-authorized ?

No special characters are in the passwords. All my backend authorized accounts do not work on the backend. It is not a password problem as far as I can tell.

Post edited by: dpk, at: 2007/08/21 06:21

16 years 7 months ago #43587 by sebastian2007
Replied by sebastian2007 on topic Re:admin backend login problem
dpk wrote:

First check if your hash in your database is correct (users table). Search enginges may help to find a md5-generator if needed.
Second thing I would do is to check the session directory on your webserver and test if everything works well. A long time ago there were cookies but in our days session-ids are stored during the login procedure :) so skip checking cookies i'd say.

If nothing helps please switch on error-reporting and post the lines you get here to specify your problem.

Best wishes

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn