IE 7 users can't login

16 years 7 months ago #45607 by katwomanofsteele
IE 7 users can't login was created by katwomanofsteele
Upgraded recently to CB 1.1. Still on Joomla 1.0.12 - what is weird is I upgraded CB a couple weeks ago and had no problems until last night. Users can all login on frontend fine on Firefox and Safari. Only in IE 7 is this problem happening (haven't tried IE 6)

When they go to login, it gives them the javascript popup message that they have logged in successfully, but then instead of redirecting them to their profile page, it says "You are unable to view this resource. You need to login." So, I thought maybe it was not liking the redirect to their profile page, so I changed that in the CB Login module and still nothing. Odd thing is, in the backend, it says the user is logged in...

EDITED... 9.11.07 2:03pm EST

I don't know what happened but now it is working in IE. Users can login through IE 7 now. This problem was reported by a user to me last night, then again this morning, and I even tested and saw the problem myself. Will report later if I can track this down.

Post edited by: katwomanofsteele, at: 2007/09/11 20:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #46513 by katwomanofsteele
Replied by katwomanofsteele on topic Re:IE 7 users can't login
Ok it's happening again. I only caught this because I was trying to make a tutorial video.

Post edited by: katwomanofsteele, at: 2007/09/24 07:12

Post edited by: katwomanofsteele, at: 2007/09/24 07:14

It's that darned www issue I suppose. Weird thing is, my config file was set with mos config live site http://www and so was the url in the browser...

I think this has to do with this being a subdomain. The host we are on configures subdomains without www. It is configured in the host contol panel to accept www but I took it out of the live site config just in case... seems to work for the minute

Post edited by: katwomanofsteele, at: 2007/09/24 07:27

16 years 6 months ago #46530 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:IE 7 users can't login
I'm suspecting a cookie-domain-name issue in joomla's cookies, maybe the www and browser cache, together with the jos_sessions table don't interact properly.

Any additional info is welcome.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #46651 by newseed
Replied by newseed on topic Re:IE 7 users can't login
I too have the same problem and it only occurs in IE7. It works fine in IE6, Firefox and Safari.

Like her, it was working just fine yesterday but today it just doesn't login.

Currently my live_site path has the www in it. Without it, the text editor will not work properly.

I am beginning to wonder if there was some kind of IE patch that got update on my computer.

My clients say that it's working fine but none of them uses IE7.

15 years 3 months ago #85778 by TheOmniAdam
Replied by TheOmniAdam on topic Re:IE 7 users can't login
I've run across a similar problem... I think I may have found a possible fix by modifying files involved with Community Builder's Login- specifically the component comprofiler wherein editting the comprogiler.php file seems to have an effect on login, but doesn't actually fix the problem. Has anyone come up with a complete solution? Changing the live_address from www. to without www. just switched which version works and which does not, and doesn't actually solve anything.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn