Upload procedure for CB captcha makes no sense

14 years 8 months ago #105884 by dctrpl
what more info do you need? specifically? I can't udnerstand all that stuff in your sig. It's gobbledegook.

And what do you mean my versions won't work together? Are you saying that joomla 1.5.10 and cb 1.2.1 are incompatible???

I only installed this thing the other week. Did I somehow get an old crap version?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #105886 by Rapunzl

Include From Help/System Information: Joomla (1.x.x), CB (1.x stable or 1.x.x), PHP (x.x.x), database and browser versions, whether you use SEF and which one, error messages, screenshots and extensions that change Joomla's core API (hacks or user level). Does it work with a default template? Have you updated or migrated your Joomla and CB installation?

If this is gobbledegook, I welcome suggestions to make it clearer.

Since you limited information for me to help you, I didn't think you'd mind me not wasting time with giving you a full answer. See how frustrating this can be?

To answer your question, only the newest captcha version, available to doc subscribers as a thank you, will properly work with Joomla 1.5. The PHP version is important to your installation of CB 1.2.1 also. Hacks are not supported, as they change core functions of Joomla/CB. Updates or migrations can affect installations if they are incomplete. Based on the information I had and the assumption that you are using the old captcha version, I believe the versions are your issue... but I'm not sure since it's based on assumptions.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 8 months ago #105888 by dctrpl

To answer your question, only the newest captcha version, available to doc subscribers as a thank you, will properly work with Joomla 1.5.

Ah - a bit of clarity.

Now do you not think it would be a good idea for Community Builder to flag up the fact that this thing doesn't work unless you give them money?

Resentment builder more like.

Re your sig: bit by bit.
Include From Help/System Information: Joomla (1.x.x), - I gave you this

CB (1.x stable or 1.x.x), - found this, after some tooling about.

PHP (x.x.x), Didn't think this was relevant. I was just looking for uplaod instructions

database and browser versions, Didn't think this was relevant. I was just looking for uplaod instructions

whether you use SEF and which one, - Don't know what this means. It's a TLA!

error messages, screenshots and extensions that change Joomla's core API (hacks or user level). - more TLAs and I have no idea what 'hacks or user level' means.

Does it work with a default template? - OK, I could have told you this but I didn't tihnk it would matter. I wast just looking for upload instructions.

Have you updated or migrated your Joomla and CB installation? - I could have told you this as I recently found out that 'migrate' refers to changing from 1.0 to 1.5 The answer is no, I haven't.

But we finally got there because all I wanted was upload instructions and I finally got the gist that it doesn't work unless you pay money.

I think that's what you're saying.

14 years 8 months ago #105933 by Bullfn33
enable legacy plugin then try again

14 years 8 months ago #106068 by ralfeez
Okay I will bite, I need to upload this also. I am in the same situation where the plugin will not load.
PHP 5.2.5
Joomla 1.5.8
CB 1.2 RC4
Error: Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.
Browser version: Firefox 3.0.12

Anything else needed?
thanks,
Ralph

Post edited by: ralfeez, at: 2009/07/25 15:02

14 years 8 months ago #106069 by ralfeez
Replied by ralfeez on topic never mind
From another post, I now realize that you need to use the plugin management installer built into CB. Thank you anyway...got it.
Thanks,
Ralph

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn