Captcha.... needs subscription

14 years 7 months ago #111311 by aussieguy
Captcha.... needs subscription was created by aussieguy
I am a web developer with over 20 years of experience and installed Community Builder to test out it's functions and useability for a site.

I am now seriously thinking of UNISTALLING and never using Joomlapolis products again

My time is valuable.. and I spent many hours installing, configuring and learning your program
I then decided to add the captcha plugin
What a waste of time..
It did not work.... after searching through the forums I found the answer..

I have to pay for the captcha through the subscription to docummentation area.

OK I agree you need to make income from your efforts but your methods are in my opinion very confusing and not explained very well.

If you had a CLEAR discription on what will and WILL NOT work for non subscribers then it would have saved me many hours of time and $$$$

I estimate it cost me $125.00 to install the captcha then find out why it dosent work. If I had known I needed the subscrition version I would have paid it.

YOU SHOULD update your site so it is CLEARLY understood that paid subscribers can access working plugins ....

I should not have to search the forums for this information

:angry:

Post edited by: aussieguy, at: 2009/09/16 14:55

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #111471 by kidden
Replied by kidden on topic Re:Captcha.... needs subscription
I totally agree with you and will probebly leave the site and project.

It's very annoning to have to check all the time if things are suppose to work or not.

And when I look in the documentation I didn't see more then 30 of 180 pages. But didn't know why.

Now I know why but are to angry to give you any money.

14 years 6 months ago #113572 by sytrus
Replied by sytrus on topic Re:Captcha.... needs subscription
I find it interesting that you claim to be a web developer with 20 years of experince, when the internet it self has only been around since 1995, and in a very rudimentry form at that time.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn