Default privacy cb_privacy

14 years 3 months ago #119249 by NickOg
Default privacy cb_privacy was created by NickOg
Hi
Is there a means of setting the default privacy value for tabs and fields? When I add a new user the fields with privacy on all default to 'visible'. It would be preferable that they default to 'not visible'.

Is that possible? If so, how?

Thanks

Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #119566 by leenie
Replied by leenie on topic Re:Default privacy cb_privacy
I need this feature also.

14 years 3 months ago #119607 by NickOg
Replied by NickOg on topic Re:Default privacy cb_privacy
I found a reply from the cb admin somewhere that states that one cannot change that default value.

Here
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,92640/catid,7/

Regards

Nick

14 years 3 months ago #119608 by leenie
Replied by leenie on topic Re:Default privacy cb_privacy
That doesn't make sense to me. It seems more logical to me that people would want their information private instead of visible. I guess if you're using your site as a social networking place it might be beneficial but that's not the needs of our site. If anyone figures this out please let me know.

LeAnn
NickOg wrote:

I found a reply from the cb admin somewhere that states that one cannot change that default value.

Here
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,92640/catid,7/

Regards

Nick

14 years 3 months ago #119609 by NickOg
Replied by NickOg on topic Re:Default privacy cb_privacy
I do agree - I was surprised that was the default. I might have a look at the code when I get time and see if I can work my way round it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn