What Gallery Does This Site Use?

15 years 4 months ago #78979 by SlowSteady
Replied by SlowSteady on topic Re:What Gallery Does This Site Use?
I have been watching the forum here as well as SIMgallery and I do agree that SIMgallery is one of the most expensive components out there.

Because I'm on the verge of signing up for CB Doc to get the 1.5 native, I'm having to hold back due to the total costs ... no doubt, like swimmer74 said a gallery, a good one, is an important part of any community setup. To get both we're talking serious money for the everyday website no matter if you're 15 or 45 years old.

Post edited by: SlowSteady, at: 2008/11/04 20:52

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #80027 by axzm1
Replied by axzm1 on topic Re:What Gallery Does This Site Use?
p9939068 wrote:

Self plug: you may wish to take a look at SIMGallery ;)

You mean the $75 one that has no support whatsoever and doesn't work? :sick: Get your act together Mike, the natives are restless over on your site and they want blood.

Post edited by: axzm1, at: 2008/11/18 18:55
The following user(s) said Thank You: jakobe75

15 years 3 months ago #81110 by wildweaselmi
Replied by wildweaselmi on topic Re:What Gallery Does This Site Use?
It's too bad Sim Gallery costs so much.. I too would have paid $15-$20 for this gallery but Holy Cow... its like Mike created a way to turn doo doo into gold bricks.

Sorry Mike and good luck with trying to find someone who has money to blow.

Also the Sim Gallery currently only supports Joomla 1.5 in legacy mode. You think for that kind of money it would at least support it in Native mode.

The search is on... I like using RSGallery2 and the price is right. The site search can find the photo names and the keywords in description which is important.

Now only if Community Builder has a plugin for RSGallery2. Anyone, Anyone, Bueller? :)

15 years 3 months ago #83328 by docpaul
Replied by docpaul on topic Re:What Gallery Does This Site Use?
Here's my two penny worth on the issue of a gallery within CB.

First, I used Nants plugin, only to find that issues arose, and having searched here on the forum for some kind of solution, it became a nightmare, therefore the simple answer was to uninstall the Nant's plugin and seek out an alternative. On he plus side, I think the user options that are available are great, meaning that the end user has the ability to decide who gets to view their pictures.

Next I tried, joomgallery, this I liked, the gallery layout appears very nicely, and there was issues with images not showing like there was with Nant's gallery. However, the drawbacks for the project I work on is that there are no user options like there are in Nant's gallery, and some users may not want to allow their pictures for public viewing. Allowing the user to decide is essential within a community.

I liked what I read of Mike's simgallery and the fact that it allows the user to decide who gets to view their images. however, the draw backs being the cost of the application, and the fact that I took it for a test drive on Mike's site, only to find that the test pictures I uploaded never appeared. Though, they could be waiting on an admin approval, I haven't been back to check, and it also appears that the images already up on his site function okay within the Rockettheme template.

I am now in the midst of trying out RS2gallery, as it appears that there is a plugin of sorts for CB, only time will tell as to how this works out.

Overall, I have to agree with other posters on this thread, an image galley with interactive user functionality is in my opinion an essential factor within a community. Therefore, I'd like to see a much improved cbgallery plugin, ideally Nant's gallery, because of the user options, and the simplicity of it's use, but please get it to work properly with mootools and lightbox etc.

Ps, if anyone knows of another gallery that works well with CB, please share that info, it would be very much appreciated.

tia
Paul.

15 years 2 months ago #86278 by kubbah
Replied by kubbah on topic simgallery NO UPGRADES?
simgallery NO UPGRADES?

I want to know what do you all think about the fact that NO NEW FEATURES will be added in the upgrades !!

discussion here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,33/id,86276/#86276

15 years 2 months ago #86616 by MarkusK
Replied by MarkusK on topic Re:What Gallery Does This Site Use?
Yeah ... it's too expensive.
But it looks very nice ! I think if it will cost around 20 - 25$ you would earn more money then.
Come on ... let'S purchase this gallery for 25 $ :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn