CB, Jfusion and Phpbb3 Integration

15 years 3 months ago #84475 by gamarski
CB, Jfusion and Phpbb3 Integration was created by gamarski
Is possible to work with CB and Jfusion?
I´m trying to integrate Joomla, CB and Phpbb3.

Atenciously,

Ricardo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #84492 by mamre
Replied by mamre on topic Re:CB, Jfusion and Phpbb3 Integration
Yeah. I also what this kind of integration. It will be awesome!
As I Think someone shou,d write a plugin CB which should work as a master on jfusion.

15 years 3 months ago #84549 by sebastiangdot
Replied by sebastiangdot on topic Re:CB, Jfusion and Phpbb3 Integration
I'd never think that there would be someone having that thought, too. Thanks, man. JFusion CB Plugin simply would do the trick!

15 years 3 months ago #85679 by MissyS
Replied by MissyS on topic Re:CB, Jfusion and Phpbb3 Integration
I am just in the process of testing CB + JFusion +phpBB. I've got it on a test site, and I'm still working on the phpBB configuration. I have Joomla 1.5.8 and have used a separate database for phpBB3. Here's what I know so far:

Using JFusion you set up Joomla as the Master and the phpBB3 forum as the slave. You disable user registration in phpBB3, and you can use the CB registration and login in Joomla.

:( Downside is that the CB profile is not reflected in the phpBB3 user profile, and so far I have not found any integration software that will do this. (CB connector is not for Joomla 1.5.8).

:) Upside is that user registrations in Joomla are synchronised with phpBB3. All registrations (past and new) in Joomla are reflected in phpBB. There is a one-way synchronisation of user logins and logouts. If the user logs into Joomla then goes to the forum, they will find they have been automatically logged in to the forum. Similarly if they log out from the Joomla site, they will be logged out of phpBB as well. But is does not work the other way. If the user logs in to phpBB, they will not be automatically logged in to Joomla. If they logout of phpBB they will not be logged out of Joomla.

Post edited by: MissyS, at: 2009/01/17 01:25

15 years 2 months ago #86948 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Re:CB, Jfusion and Phpbb3 Integration
yeah i am having a real struggle trying to find the best forum that integrates well with CB. i currently use Fireboard 1.05RC2 but this is causing lots of issues as it seems to not handle large forums well.

phpbb3 would be a great solution but my site is a large CB community of 5000 (and growing fast) and want to ensure the forum integrates well with CB.

So far my only options are to wait for the upcoming Agora 3, or try and use phpbb3. But there is an issue linking profiles with phpbb3 if you dont use sef, which i dont, so i am still looking to see what solutions are around.

any ideas?....

15 years 2 months ago #86990 by mamre
Replied by mamre on topic Re:CB, Jfusion and Phpbb3 Integration
My idea is simple.
We know that jfusion is holding basic joomla id and username_clean in thir table in jfusion_users (or smth like that).
My idea is to create an sql statement to get basic joomla id where username_clean is same as in forum.

This sql statement should be added to phpbb3 files.
So this will need to modify them. But then averything will be much more easier.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn