Looking for cb developer to create user types feat

15 years 2 months ago #85938 by mjh2000
I am looking for a developer to create a plugin that will give cb the user type feature - Basically have the follwoing:
1. different usertypes.
2. different regsitration forms for different usertypes.
3. different fields and tabs for usertypes.
4. be able to have sub-user types so upperlevel usertypes can manage the sub-user type only.
5. Be able to set certian fields as read-only for lowerlevel usertypes and modifiable for upper-level user types.

thanks
mjh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #86073 by cr33dog@gmail.com
Replied by cr33dog@gmail.com on topic Re:Looking for cb developer to create user types feat
I've recently done 1-3 and it wasn't too hard, but was time-consuming. I think 4 might be difficult, but 5 should be easy. I'm too busy right now to take on another project, but the basic steps for 1-3 I took were:

#1: Hack the Joomla acl tables to support extra user groups:
docs.joomla.org/Custom_user_groups

That worked for me (1.5.8 and 1.5.9), YMMV.

#2: That took some hacking on CB. I added another GET variable to switch the registration type.

#3: To simplify things, I made a tab that was specific to each group, and hacked CB to check my usertype when displaying tabs. That knocked out two birds with one stone: registration and profile.

It's not a trivial hack, and this is a *very* simple outline, but just to let you know such a thing is possible I thought to post here. Hopefully you'll find someone who will code it for you ;)

Chris

15 years 2 months ago #86091 by beat
mjh2000 wrote:

I am looking for a developer to create a plugin that will give cb the user type feature - Basically have the follwoing:
1. different usertypes.
2. different regsitration forms for different usertypes.
3. different fields and tabs for usertypes.
4. be able to have sub-user types so upperlevel usertypes can manage the sub-user type only.
5. Be able to set certian fields as read-only for lowerlevel usertypes and modifiable for upper-level user types.

thanks
mjh

1 and 2 (and partly 3) is supported by upcoming CB paid Subscriptions plugin.

4 requires currently a hack in CB 1.2 RC4. Will check if it's easy to add an API so a plugin can control this, but easiest would be using joomla's ACL tables extension as suggested as a base.

5 should be possible with a variation/modification of upcoming CB Privacy plugin

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 2 months ago #86110 by mjh2000
thanks for the reply!
When you say the next upcoming release, are you refering to cb 1.2 RC4 ????

Also - I have one more requirement:
6. dynamic dropdowns feature -state/city/zipcode and /cat/sub-cat/sub-sub-cat.
7. Can the registrations look a little more user friendly - i.e. better appealing to the user ??

How can this be done ???

thanks much.
mjh

15 years 2 months ago #86355 by mjh2000
Can i get a response on my post ????

please?

15 years 2 months ago #86647 by geeffland
When he is indicating upcoming release he is referring to the "CB Subscriptions Plugin"... some of the needed features will also likely require CB 1.2 when it comes out.

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn