CONTRACTOR WANTED: CB Login Modifications

15 years 2 months ago #86421 by joshuaarcher
CONTRACTOR WANTED: CB Login Modifications was created by joshuaarcher
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a) advice, b) downloadable plug-ins, c) contractor help or d) all of the above.

Here's the details on my problems/needs:

I am using Joomla 1.5.8(soon to be 9), Community builder 1.2 RC4, and various other components, such as JS Member, Fireboard, etc.

I've modified the core user table to include two distinct and mutually exclusive user types 'A' and 'B' which are children of 'Registered'. User type A has a set of functionality and needs to have a different set of tabs than user type B. Certain functionality also depends on the user type (such as profile searching on users).

The way a user becomes a type 'A' or 'B' is through subscriptions. Once someone has subscribed, JSMember changes their user type to 'A' or 'B'. In order to subscribe, you need to be registered and logged in.

So here's the first thing I need to work out: When a person logs in, I need to check their user type, and redirect them to different pages, depending on their user type. If user A, they go to the A start page, if B, they go to the B start page, and if neither, they get sent to a subscription page. How can I do that? The normal login only allows a single redirect after login, but if I sent that redirect to some external PHP file that did the conditionals, this would work - what do I need to include in a custom php file to make sure it plays well with J1.5?

second thing - I'm trying to get the user profiles to show some tabs just for any registered user, some tabs for user type A and some for user type B, and while there appears to be functinality for this, I can't get it completely ironed out and would love to pay someone to help me work it all out.

so, advice, help or those seeking employment, please contact me. I have a very short turn-around to get this stuff working.

My eternal gratitude is yours,

Joshua

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #86644 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:CONTRACTOR WANTED: CB Login Modifications
Some of the features you have asked about (i.e subscriptions, etc.) require a more complete ACL than what Joomla currently has out of the box.

I am not sure what ACL features the Subscriptions Plugin that is being developed by Joomlapolis's own Beat has but it may be able to do that.. not sure.

If not then you would like need to extend the Joomla ACL with something like JACL or some other ACL extension. Then you would need to make sure that content was separated by the users group, which might require another extension...

Could be a lot of work... I would first check to see if the Subscriptions plugin can handle it... if not plan on a few extenstions and possibly some modification to other code...

IF Joomla's ACL was extended this would probably be easy... maybe the ACL will get extended in Joomla! 1.6 hopefully...

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

15 years 2 months ago #88351 by royce
Wow..you are describing, almost exactly, the 'in'famous 'Advanced Profile Control' function (see user Mikko on this an probably other forums for the gory details).

PM me if you like ;)

15 years 2 months ago #89094 by ryogi
Hi Joshua

I am working on exactly same issue, in fact for my other client. I don't want to wait for CB's subscription plugin. I am trying to use available ACL plugins and stay away from any customization of php.

The "Advanced Profile manager" was addressing this issue before to most of it success, but Mike literally "Disappeared", as what I can see from forums.

Are you still looking for help? PM me, I may try to help my best.

Regards
Yogi

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn