CB for different groups

15 years 1 week ago #95028 by Rennmaus
Replied by Rennmaus on topic Re:CB for different groups
It is, and as I work for a volunteer effort without much money, I/we could never afford it. Pity.

Phantom.Knight wrote:

Wow did you see the pricing? Isnt it a bit extreme???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #95037 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:CB for different groups
Same here I was going to use CBSubs for one of my own projects but I dont think I can now. Pity indeed...

15 years 1 week ago #95047 by tregi
Replied by tregi on topic Re:CB for different groups
New CBSubs isn't cheap: it'a pity...

By the way, what does this mean?:

"...No access to source code, except for templating-specific code, and some of the integration plugins ..." (taken from CBSubsTM License Overview)

15 years 1 week ago #95068 by ndee
Replied by ndee on topic Re:CB for different groups
Hi,

as it is a subscription plugin with which you yourself will most likely earn money it is imho cheap. If you need it only for ACL on a no-income site it may be too much for this purpose.

By the way, what does this mean?:
"...No access to source code, except for templating-specific code, and some of the integration plugins ..." (taken from CBSubsTM License Overview)

The files are encoded, you do not have access to source code. Afaik there will be a api for integration plugins.

###################
SPEED UP HELP, read first: Help us help you
###################

15 years 1 week ago #95075 by tregi
Replied by tregi on topic Re:CB for different groups
Strictly speaking for myself, i'm working on a no-commercial website. Just need to manage different registration forms and customized tab visibility for different users' groups. So, for me (and for a lot of people with these requirements, as a quick look at the forum can confirm) 145 € isn't cheap.

How will source be encoded? Something like Zend Guard?

I'm quite scared, since i know there are some other Joomla component (JACL, for example) which give lots of problem because of encrypted code.

15 years 1 week ago #95090 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:CB for different groups
I think the Starter package could be free. We could then use the software and see if it makes money for us. Once the site starts making money I would happily upgrade to a paid version. I bet this way CBSubs would sell more. But as it is I just cant risk paying 95 or 145 €

Well it is just a suggestion ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn