CB for different groups

15 years 1 week ago #95191 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:CB for different groups
Can anyone confirm that with the CBSubs we can definitely create 2 or more different user groups and a different application form for each group?

Ie; teachers and students, teachers application form would be diferent then student application form etc...

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #95245 by ginal
Replied by ginal on topic Re:CB for different groups
tregi wrote:

RebelFlicks wrote:

I'll give it a try today. I can afford it.

It would be nice if there were a $35 light version with just group abilities for everyone else. Keep pressing for it. Maybe they will make it available.

Post edited by: RebelFlicks, at: 2009/04/16 09:54

I think this is reasonable.

Yes, I think it needs to have a light version. I was expecting the whole thing to be cheaper before I saw how much it was.

Gina

15 years 4 days ago #95699 by RebelFlicks
Replied by RebelFlicks on topic Re:CB for different groups
I'll post my experience setting up 4 groups with no payment option. I am a noob. Day 1, noon: 1st challenge was the ioncube requirement. I had my server install it, but it didn't work. I installed ioncube to no avail. My host is working on it (live chat). This could be a challenge for those less server savy or those with crappy hosts. Failure affects User Management tab and other plugins. So at this point I am dead in the water:( .

15 years 4 days ago #95702 by Rennmaus
Replied by Rennmaus on topic Re:CB for different groups
I got rid of my NoixACL issues after a long time trying. Now it works like a charm, enabling me to assign the access to different menu items to different user groups, in front- and backend. The assignment of the group rights is tedious and time consuming tho, because there is no copy feature.

15 years 4 days ago #95707 by RebelFlicks
I'll post my experience setting up 4 groups with no payment option. I am a noob. Day 1, 12:30: Host has me on hold for half hour. Installing and enabling the plugins has left my entire site down (front/back/admin)with ioncube error. This could be a little scary. Make sure you have ioncube working, not just installed.

15 years 4 days ago #95711 by RebelFlicks
I'll post my experience setting up 4 groups with no payment option. I am a noob. Day 1, 12:50: Host did something and all is back online and working great.

Now on to adding groups...

Continued on my CB Blog...
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mamblog/Itemid,42/task,show/action,user/id,229418/

Post edited by: RebelFlicks, at: 2009/04/20 22:48

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn