CB for different groups

15 years 3 weeks ago #93521 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:CB for different groups
Hmmmm, thanks aciarlo. I had a look at the CB JLS Group Selection but the extension currently does not work with the latest version of CB. I read somewhere that when the paid subscriptions plugin for CB is released it will have the different user group option, I cant wait for that plugin.

I didnt understand mahmudbd2007 suggestion either, are you saying it is actually possible to create user groups in CB???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #93527 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:CB for different groups
Both the Privacy Plugin (already available to documentation subscribers) and Paid Subscriptions (soon-to-be-released) are worth taking a look at. Both have options you are requesting. You can see a synopsis of both on my testing site (link below).

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 weeks ago #93559 by tregi
Replied by tregi on topic Re:CB for different groups
noixacl solves only part of the problem, letting you create new joomla user groups (priceless!!!!).

It could be used coupled with "CB JLS Group Selection by User in Registration" extension, but unfortunately, as Phantom.Knight reports, the extension doesn't work with CB 1.2

So i guess the best solution is waiting next CB Paid Subscriptions release.

15 years 3 weeks ago #93599 by aciarlo
Replied by aciarlo on topic Re:CB for different groups
This is extremely discouraging! How long of a wait are we talking about here? I've heard granular user permissions via Ion Cube? and JACL would work, but if a CB release is expected soon that will have this capability, I'll wait; but I have National Accounts waiting for my organization that we can't have until this happens. This is SERIOUS. I need this NOW. I thought I had seen something that would work and told everyone 1 week ...and if i do get something working and have to switch, what a nightmare that would be...

Basic question to the creators (and thank god for them), how long are we talking about? approximately?

A. Ciarlo

15 years 3 weeks ago #93601 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB for different groups
aciarlo wrote:

This is extremely discouraging! How long of a wait are we talking about here? I've heard granular user permissions via Ion Cube? and JACL would work, but if a CB release is expected soon that will have this capability, I'll wait; but I have National Accounts waiting for my organization that we can't have until this happens. This is SERIOUS. I need this NOW. I thought I had seen something that would work and told everyone 1 week ...and if i do get something working and have to switch, what a nightmare that would be...

Basic question to the creators (and thank god for them), how long are we talking about? approximately?

Subscribe to the CBSubs newsletter to be informed if the release.

15 years 3 weeks ago #93617 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:CB for different groups
Thanks for the info Rapunzl, but am I missing something here I had a look at Privicy Plugin features as you suggested, here is the link by the way www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/6541/37/ but I couldn't see an option to create user groups.

If any one finds a soulution please post it here. I need this featurte desperately like aciarlo...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.748 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn