What exactly is the subscription plugin?

15 years 4 months ago #82335 by abo
I have just looked at the presentation of the subcription plugin.... It's awesome and much more than I had bargained for.
However, there is one concern.... I understand that pricing is based on use (transactions). This means,it is not a plugin to buy, but a service. Furthermore, if price is based on transactions, it will be cheap of you have 100 subscribers with 1000$ each, but quite expensive, if you have 1.000 subcribers paying 5$ each.

So, please, someone, tell me that I am wrong.... :(

Post edited by: abo, at: 2008/12/14 14:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82343 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:What exactly is the subscription plugin?
What? Where did you read this??

15 years 4 months ago #82347 by abo
In the video presentation of the Subscription Plugin....
(www.joomlapolis.com/ Video Part 3)

Unfortunately it doesn't give any price whatsoever, but the principle implied sounds... mhm... unfortunate, especially, if you have many customers with very low pricing on your website.

I hope, I misunderstood something... ;-)

Post edited by: abo, at: 2008/12/14 16:53

15 years 4 months ago #82357 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:What exactly is the subscription plugin?
abo wrote:

(www.joomlapolis.com/ Video Part 3)

Link????

15 years 4 months ago #82359 by nant
abo wrote:

I have just looked at the presentation of the subcription plugin.... It's awesome and much more than I had bargained for.

Good that you like it.

However, there is one concern.... I understand that pricing is based on use (transactions). This means,it is not a plugin to buy, but a service. Furthermore, if price is based on transactions, it will be cheap of you have 100 subscribers with 1000$ each, but quite expensive, if you have 1.000 subcribers paying 5$ each.

Actually its both. You will by the plugin and it will come with an initial bundle of credits. Each credit will be used for each paid transaction. The system doesn't care if the transaction if for 1 usd or 1000 usd.

Your argument assumes some high cost per credit. This will not be the case. The transaction fee will be much less than paypal and very reasonable.

Since its much more than you bargained for why not wait some more until its released and the pricing is finalized.

15 years 4 months ago #82363 by abo
There is no link. You have to watch the video part 3 which is on the front page of www.joomlapolis.com.

The presenter talks about the pricing policy - though not too much....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn