Will it ever arrive?

15 years 3 months ago #85952 by euroman
Replied by euroman on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
Hi,

Actually my project has been waiting for the cb paid subscription. You can tell everybody a nearly exact date, which would be better than your ambiguous response.

Regards,

Regards,

David Yang

AnyTeck Technology Online - www.anyteck.com
Slogan - Fulfilling your online targets!
We provides Web 2.0 Site Design & SEO Services to all small business clients.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87681 by mmichaelbiz
Replied by mmichaelbiz on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
I too am looking forward to the release of this plugin. Looking at previous posts there are concerns over the pricing.

Is there a final verdict on the pricing yet? Also a planned release date?

As mentioned by someone before, if the price is too steep / on an ongoing basis, it may fall victim to people going for another CB payment plugin that is free. (No Names!)

If it is an annual / transactional fee - perhaps the chaps at CB dev would offer these purchasers / subscribers an incentive in the form of a "Premium Support" service? - Supporting both the plugin and all other CB related matters, perhaps even some help on 3rd party extensions linking with CB.

My thoughts being that if the site we have created using CB, (which is free for god’s sake!), is the kind of site to bring in a substantial revenue stream, then it is also the kind of site that would need better "Premium" technical support. (After all if people are paying for a service then it needs to work very well indeed.)

If people are going to make money from a CB powered website and want a reliable utility - then a paid subscription is justified - as long as it comes with the support!

After all - if we are making money off of the hardwork of the CB team, they do deserve a little back!

For those that will not have a 'substantial' revenue stream and want free software - it is out there.

For those that want free software - it is out there, and if you can do the work YOURSELF to piece it all together / make it work just right, then great - you deserve the rewards. If you expect a great tool to land in your lap for free - and then make money from it - well maybe you just expect too much...

Post edited by: mmichaelbiz, at: 2009/02/06 10:48

15 years 2 months ago #87683 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
We will be soon giving news about the plugin via the Plugin newsletter firsthand.

So please make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter (you can check this via your CB profile: Edit profile, then go to Newsletters tab). ;)

The concerns have been heard and we are evaluating a new pricing structure. :)

EDIT: added howto check for newsletter subscription.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/02/04 10:39

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 2 months ago #87684 by mmichaelbiz
Replied by mmichaelbiz on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
beat wrote:

We will be soon giving news about the plugin via the Plugin newsletter firsthand.

So please make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter (you can check this via your CB profile: Edit profile, then go to Newsletters tab). ;)

The concerns have been heard and we are evaluating a new pricing structure. :)

EDIT: added howto check for newsletter subscription.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/02/04 10:39

Damn it Beat - that was a quick reply - I was still half way through my post! (I hit the enter key by accident and only submitted half before you replied!) - what do you think about the Premium Support?

Post edited by: mmichaelbiz, at: 2009/02/04 10:43

15 years 2 months ago #89809 by forestlinden
Replied by forestlinden on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
Looking at the calendar today, I realized that CB Pay is now 2 and 1/2 months behind schedule for it's release date, which was supposed to be mid December of 08, if I remember correctly.

I totally respect the work you are putting into making sure that it is perfectly coded and as bug free as possible.

Can you give us an update on when it is expected to come out? I have several projects in need of this software and I've been waiting and waiting for an announcement about it's release.

When will this great extension arrive? I know it's already in the field in beta form, over at SimpleWeb, so it appears that it's working well enough for them to start taking customers for their turn-key membership site packages (sites that have their membership access controlled by CB Pay.)

Knowing that it is working and is being used on sites already makes it harder to be patient for it :-(

When will it be released?

Thank you greatly for all of your hard work on this extension.

~Forest

15 years 1 month ago #90414 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
The last what I heard was somewhere around summer 2009. I switched to phpFox. Found someone who could transfer all my members from Jommla to phpFox.
So good luck guys.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn