Will it ever arrive?

15 years 1 month ago #90935 by dado1
Replied by dado1 on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
I even bought SUBSCRIPTION to get this plugin. When people, when?
When will you release it

Post edited by: dado1, at: 2009/03/06 20:45

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 weeks ago #94161 by thisvision
Replied by thisvision on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
I'm a senior developer and mentor to a number of enterprise software development teams -- and have taken an interest in the comments in the forum topics here.

It's great to see the 1.2 stable release, a top effort. And this plugin is also in use -- so you guys have obviously been progressing.

What has caught my attention is the interesting position that using the subscription plugin on this site puts the CB Team in: you are showing your community that the plugin works enough to go live, it works well enough for you to trust and to announce proudly to new users.

I've only just started looking for a subscription plugin, so I haven't been waiting (22 months) like it looks like many people have.

What I'm finding hard to gauge is "given that I could now use a plugin like that, will this plugin be released in the next 30 days or so?". Should I wait, or should I move ahead with an alternative and then look at switching to the CB Team's offering when it's available?

"Soon" and "not far at all" is straight out emotional blackmail of your community, and you'll lose even more credibility and rapport with the folks who like to tinker with your creations. Also, leaving those words in your forum mean that people starting their research right now are seeing so many suggested release dates, they'll have confidence that the plugin will be good, but get the impression that that you guys still have a lack of confidence in its stability, and perhaps that the task is too big or too risky for the structure and funding (or lack of funding) of your Team.

Can I ask if not giving a date indicates a failed project roadmap, an overworked team, shifting priorities, discussions about pricing or marketing concerns?

What's really going on with the wider release of this project?

15 years 2 weeks ago #94166 by forestlinden
Replied by forestlinden on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
I agree with the thoughts of thisvision.

I've been waiting and waiting for CB Pay to be released. Seems like I've been waiting for 6 or 7 months. And I've been hearing "really soon" for a long time.

It does in fact make me trust the Joomlapolis less. My expectations have been lowered for the quality of the subscription plugin becauase of this as well.

I hope I am wrong.

I've had to stop telling prospects or current clients that I will soon be able to create a paid access membership area of their site, because I'm not sure if CB Pay will ever be released...and there really are not any great alternatives.

The frustrating part is that I know many people in the public are using this via the Simplweb turnkey membership site package. CB Pay is out there and working on sites, and people are presumably making money from these membership sites...but those of us who have been waiting and waiting can't get access even to the beta that Simplweb is using.

Beat, can you give a firm release date and deliver on that date? It would be fine if you say some date months out and then actually deliver on that date, rather than saying "really soon" and continually missing the mark. That repeated process lowers my trust of you and your team each time it happens.

And I want to trust you! I've seen the videos of the demo of CB Pay and it looks amazing. I want to support you and your team financially (and have with my subscription for the documentation, which I bought a while back thinking that CB Pay was already out.)

cheers,
Forest

15 years 2 weeks ago #94167 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
Sorry, don't have time to read and reply today on the certainly good thoughts given above.

Just wanted to tell that good news with firm information regarding all of this are arriving later tonight:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,48/id,94164/#94164

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 2 weeks ago #94195 by allegrande
Replied by allegrande on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
beat wrote:

Just wanted to tell that good news with firm information regarding all of this are arriving later tonight

This is great, looking forward to news about this component tonight!

15 years 2 weeks ago #94206 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Will it ever arrive?
check your email for 2nd newsletter :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn