Hiding Modules in Profile

15 years 10 months ago #65641 by michele24
Hiding Modules in Profile was created by michele24
Is there a way to keep modules from displaying within the profile?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65666 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Hiding Modules in Profile
Depending on what you want to hide, usually, you just disable the CB Plugin, tab or field you don't want.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 10 months ago #65669 by michele24
Replied by michele24 on topic Re:Hiding Modules in Profile
I am talking about Joomla modules that still show on the profile page. I would like the profile to be more full page so some modules need to go.

This post refers to it
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,40/id,56083/#560831.1

That solution didn't fully work in that version. It worked for direct access to a profile, but it you jumped from profile to profile the modules would be there.

Any ideas for 1.2?

15 years 10 months ago #65682 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Hiding Modules in Profile
michele24 wrote:

I am talking about Joomla modules that still show on the profile page. I would like the profile to be more full page so some modules need to go.

This post refers to it
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,40/id,56083/#560831.1

That solution didn't fully work in that version. It worked for direct access to a profile, but it you jumped from profile to profile the modules would be there.

Any ideas for 1.2?

Doesn't Beat's proposal work for CB 1.2 RC?

This is mostly a Joomla issue and how modules and menus interact.

Each module has a Menu Assignment parameter where (at least in Joomla 1.5 series) you can select which menu items you want the module to appear on.

If you have done this and things still don't work, then a detailed example might help us understand what the issue really is.

EDIT: Actually, I just tried this with CB 1.2 RC and it works just fine. I created a public menu item CB Profile (just like the documentation and readme instruct), then when editing a module that I tested with I saw this menu item in the Menu Assignment parameter and just deselected it. Then when I visit any profile (my own or someone else's) then this module does not appear. This should be done with all modules and you should get your desired end result.

At this point - unless other information is given - I see no CB issue here.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/06/15 08:47

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn