Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released

9 years 6 months ago #249868 by giorgionasis
Replied by giorgionasis on topic Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released

krileon wrote:

giorgionasis wrote: hallo there!

thanks for the update.i noticed something on articles.
i have the parameter settings to source from k2. the links are not working. i have a blank page on every item.

if for example the item`s url is
www.example.com/categoryA/categoryB/item/exampleitem

it redirects me to
www.example.com/categoryA/categoryB/item/62

where 62 i think is the item`s id.

to notice i have debug system on and on maximum error report

thank you

Please disable SEF and provide the URL structure you're seeing. The K2 article URL is generated by K2 using K2 API so it should be correct. Does CB Blogs also do this when set to use K2?

hallo
with sef being disabled the links are working. but with this ugly format:
www.example.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=62&Itemid=299

about cb blos unfortunately but i cannot feedback you because i do not use them.sorry for that

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249880 by nant

KatoKalin wrote: Next thing is a tab that does not do what I think it should do.

I have a tab with title_UE_TABNAME. The constant ist defined in language/en-gb like this: DEFINE('_UE_TABNAME', 'Name');

In the backend list of tabs the tab shows as 'Name'. When I edit the tabs settings it shows as "_UE_TABNAME" in the title field.
However in frontend, the title never displays, no matter what position of layout I choose. Another tab like USER_CANVAS_TITLE shows without any issue with title.

CB 2.0 no longer uses the DEFINE method.
See the structure of the default_language folder - there are now only 2 files language.php and admin_language.php.

Here is a new english language plugin that should work with CB 2.0 RC3.

File Attachment:

File Name: en-gb.zip
File Size:67 KB
Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #249881 by nant

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #249920 by KatoKalin

nant wrote: CB 2.0 no longer uses the DEFINE method.
See the structure of the default_language folder - there are now only 2 files language.php and admin_language.php.

It is weird that you are saying CB2.0 does no longer use the DEFINE method as it is still using it in my case. I have some localization in place, all of them using the DEFINE method and all of them get correctly displayed. Only the tab title does not.

In the language file it says: To localize you need to create your own CB language plugin and make changes there.

How do I do this? Is there any tutorial or instrauction how to create the language plugin and how to install it?

9 years 6 months ago #249921 by KatoKalin
There is anothering that is not working.
A previous Ajax Text field which is after the upgrade now a regulare text field with core ajax integration does no longer work. Profile View has been enabled but the user cannot edit the field on the profile. It remainas an uneditable text field. no Ajax anywhere.

Is there any additional configuration that is required?

9 years 6 months ago #249924 by nant

CB 2.0 no longer uses the DEFINE method.

It is weird that you are saying CB2.0 does no longer use the DEFINE method as it is still using it in my case. I have some localization in place, all of them using the DEFINE method and all of them get correctly displayed. Only the tab title does not.

I guess my statement was not 100% correct. Yes for B/C the old method is still loaded (somehow - not sure exactly how - maybe Kyle will clarify later). Preferred method for new CB 2.0 is the PHP array method (partially introduced in CB 191 for admin area).

In the language file it says: To localize you need to create your own CB language plugin and make changes there.

How do I do this? Is there any tutorial or instrauction how to create the language plugin and how to install it?

I gave previously a CB 2.0 ENglish language plugin that you can use.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn