Replacement Tags Examples?

15 years 9 months ago #67128 by nhudell
Replacement Tags Examples? was created by nhudell
Hello Fab CB Team and fellow CB users,

I have been trying to work out the way that replacement tags work in CB, and I came across this cool post from Beat:

It's that you can use a replacement syntax in quite some places:

[fieldname]

e.g. in the title tab description:

[username] is from [cb_town] and his occupation is [cb_occupation].

Lots more things are possible, please see the full CB documentation, and there is still some more documentation and examples to come for this.

I was wondering if there where still any plans for this in future documentation updates, as it would be super valuable. :)

If any other users are comfortable using the replacement tags, and would not mind sharing some experiences, and some code, that would be greatly appreciated! :woohoo:

Thanks everyone!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #68829 by nhudell
Replied by nhudell on topic Re:Replacement Tags Examples?
I thought I would ad my own results to this thread, I created a new thread in the General Discussion section, but I thought I would just briefly ad the code I used in a delimiter field here for users searching for replacement-tags examples. The code here is from the description box in a delimiter field published in an empty tab:

[code:1][menu class="mynewcbmenu"]_UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_ADDCONNECTION [/menu]
[menu class="mynewcbmenu"]_UE_MENU_CONNECTIONS : _UE_ADDCONNECTIONREQUEST [/menu]
[menu class="mynewcbmenu"]_UE_MENU_MESSAGES : _UE_PM_USER [/menu]<br />
[menu class="mynewcbmenu"]_UE_MENU_EDIT : _UE_UPDATEPROFILE [/menu]<br />
[menu class="mynewcbmenu"]_UE_MENU_EDIT : _UE_UPDATEAVATAR [/menu]<br />[/code:1]

The only error that the code above gives, is that the 'container tab' used for the replacement tags is visible on the edit userDetails screen, with the only contents the title of the delimiter field.

This is not a perfect solution, and is therefor not a good example of possible documentation, but it's the best I have been able to come up with (with lot's of help from ghog from the forums :)!

Update: I can confirm that the back-end settings for "do not display empty tabs/fields does not work when a replacement tag is used in the description text box of a delimiter field.

This seems to be a bug to me, and could be serious if it prevents replacement-tags from being used.

Post edited by: nhudell, at: 2008/07/25 02:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn