File upload at registration

15 years 5 months ago #76846 by wrongjon
File upload at registration was created by wrongjon
hi
My client has a few requests I can't find solutions to:

1. How can a user upload their cv during registration?

I thought about trying to copy the code for the image upload? These filesmust not be visible to other standard users.

2. Cross field validation on registration. Eg you have ticked the box above therefore you must fill out the next three fields.

3. Users can enter and maintain info on projects they have worked on. Could I use sobi2 for this and keep info private unless u are in manager group?

Any advice or pointing me in the direction of existing extensions would be much appreciated
Jonathan :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #82672 by benech
Replied by benech on topic Re:File upload at registration
Did you find any solution ?
I also need to upload cv from profile form and display the link from lists.

alan

15 years 3 months ago #82681 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:File upload at registration
wrongjon wrote:

hi
My client has a few requests I can't find solutions to:

1. How can a user upload their cv during registration?

I thought about trying to copy the code for the image upload? These filesmust not be visible to other standard users.

This could be implemented as a fieldtype plugin.
If you have a professional budget please contact the CB Team and we can perhaps implement this plugin for the community based on a paid job.

2. Cross field validation on registration. Eg you have ticked the box above therefore you must fill out the next three fields.

Also needs extra plugin implementation.

3. Users can enter and maintain info on projects they have worked on. Could I use sobi2 for this and keep info private unless u are in manager group?

Any advice or pointing me in the direction of existing extensions would be much appreciated
Jonathan :)

No idea if SOBI could be used like this.

15 years 3 months ago #82733 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Re:File upload at registration
Hi

I have now used ChronoForms to build a separate CV Upload form and that stores the fieldname in the comprofiler table.

I also used Chrono forms to build a screen list of those who have uploaded CVs with links to each.

I used Chrono Connectivity to build my projects area where members can add/edit/delete info about projects they have worked on but info is stored in a new table with their userid.

THE PROBLEM STILL REMAINS :) THAT....

In CB you can set the permissions on the CB tabs so that say only special users can see it but you cant do this on each field. Therefore I have 2 user lists setup.

1) Members list for all to look at
2) Talent Search which is accessible only by Managers and above

I have now been asked to add a link to the V to the CB user list but you cant because if you want to see it in the list it must be set to SHOW ON PROFILE and then all members can see it which we dont want.

Ive also been asked to add a link to people projects and ideally id like to be able to show the CV and projects on a tab in the user profile.

We still cant upload a CV from profile or reg form.

Im thinking of using Chrono forms to totally make my own user lists, user searches and reg form but seems a terrible shame to move away from CB as we hope to use the paid subscriptions add on next year.

If Beat and Nant coudl do these few things it woudl help me massively and others im sure...

1) A file upload field type so can upload a file from reg form and profile

2) Allow fields to be restricted to registered or managers or admins only (not just tabs)

3) Also a way for better validation on reg form maybe a admin field in which you can add fixed javascript that is checked before submitting form so you can do things like compare two email fields and ensure they are NOT the same

Great project guys and do let me know what soem of these additions might cost as if reasonable a client may well pay for them ;)

Jonathan

15 years 3 months ago #82740 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:File upload at registration
wrongjon wrote:

1) A file upload field type so can upload a file from reg form and profile

2) Allow fields to be restricted to registered or managers or admins only (not just tabs)

3) Also a way for better validation on reg form maybe a admin field in which you can add fixed javascript that is checked before submitting form so you can do things like compare two email fields and ensure they are NOT the same

Great project guys and do let me know what soem of these additions might cost as if reasonable a client may well pay for them ;)

Jonathan

2) should be handled by upcoming privacy plugin :)

For 1) and 3) will PM you a professional services quote, advantage being that it would be a "sponsored" feature.

Fyi, the extended users-search of CB 1.2 was a partially sponsored feature :)

Partially sponsored by a nice community member in here, who asked for a quote. :)

Maybe 1) and 3) could make it into CB 1.3 thanks to your partial feature sponsoring ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #83384 by benech
Replied by benech on topic Re:File upload at registration
Hi wrongjon,

I have a similar requirement :

- registred users upload, activate, delete cv on a new CB profile tab
- visitors download the file by clicking on the file type icon (pdf,zip,doc) from the profile tab or from a list.

simple plugin (?) but not available :(

Did you find any solution ?

Post edited by: benech, at: 2008/12/26 01:07

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn