No Modules display in Profile View

15 years 3 months ago #85697 by Grahame
Replied by Grahame on topic Re:No Modules display in Profile View
No the documentation doesn't say not to edit or delete the original user list.

I found this to be a bug! :S

If the original user list is left alone and you create a second list to use, you have no problems.

You could try and "load sample data" again - but I found you need to drop CB tables from database first.

Note: The CB docs say you can edit or delete the original user list, so this must be a bug! :S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #85727 by sdhiphop
Replied by sdhiphop on topic Re:No Modules display in Profile View
I would really like to know what it does when you edit it. Does it write a bunch of crazy stuff to the tables? I don't understand why this would effect the use of putting modules around the profile page.

One thing I noticed when I went to test this idea, was that a default member list isn't created by CB unless you click the load sample data... I've never clicked that, so therefore I made my own default list.

Does it still matter?

15 years 3 months ago #85730 by sdhiphop
OK I uninstalled/installed CB without dropping tables and I can now place modules on the view profile page :woohoo:

can someone chime in and give me some kind of clue what may have gone wrong here please?

Thanks

15 years 3 months ago #85760 by Grahame
It's a bug in the script. :S

It doesn't just effect the modules on the profile page - it effects the profile page itself, registration page and user list. :S

15 years 3 months ago #85773 by sdhiphop
ok, so what does it do to the registration page and user list?

Everything else works fine from what I can tell, can you give me some more details so I can test?

Thanks

15 years 3 months ago #85775 by Grahame
After the "Load Sample Data" has been done, a User List will be created.
Then, links to the users profile and users list are placed in the User Menu (as per docs).
Login front-end of website and everything works cool.
Next, create a second user list and place link for it in menu.
Now, goto the list manager and edit or delete the original user list that was created from "Sample Data".
Next, goto the front of your website and login. Try to view your profile, or user list.
Try to view the registration page.
They all come up blank!

To correct this, I had to uninstall CB, drop CB tables from database and then do a fresh install of CB.

Now, everything works perfectly!
This time I didn't edit the User List created by "Sample Data", and I am not using a link to it either. (This is still the default User List - just has no menu link to it)
I have instead created a second User List with a menu link.
Everything works fine like this. ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn