How to translate?

15 years 4 months ago #82803 by itsog
How to translate? was created by itsog
Hello,

I am willing to translate the new RC4 version into bulgarian. Please provide me with some quidelines and I will be more than happy to do the translation and to share it with all users.

regards,

itso

Post edited by: itsog, at: 2008/12/18 22:38
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #82847 by Kokken
Replied by Kokken on topic Re:How to translate?
Yes - please give us some guidelines.

I would like to help translate CB to Danish.

I have asked about guidelines for that on the forum earlier.

I'm sure alot of people would help translate it, if there was a topic with some guidelines of "how to do" somewhere.

15 years 3 months ago #83303 by benech
Replied by benech on topic Re:How to translate?
Hi
I am a newbie but if I give a look to the french translation I think you only have to copy the 'default_language' directory (found at components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/) to 'danish' or 'bulgarian' new directory, rename the files default_language.php and default_language.xml, before to modify the texts in the files, mainly in .php file.

You can easily translate 90 % but there is an issue with special characters. You have to replace them by a numeric unicode call ( é -> & #233; ), but in some cases it doesn't work, I have a post on this forum waiting for an answer.

Exemple :
DEFINE('_UE_ISONLINE','Connect& #233;' );
display Connect& #233;

DEFINE('_UE_ISONLINE','Connecté');
display Connect�

Post edited by: benech, at: 2008/12/24 15:38

Post edited by: benech, at: 2008/12/24 15:45

15 years 3 months ago #83346 by Hruendel
Replied by Hruendel on topic Re:How to translate?
Best one downloads a finished Language-Plugin in another language, for example German. Unpack, rename the files german.php, german.xml into the files for example bulgarian.php rename. Edit the Files with a text editor. The file bulgarian.xml accordingly adapt. The whole again pack up.

15 years 3 months ago #83349 by bouncecentral
Replied by bouncecentral on topic Re:How to translate?
I am an Newbie and managed to create a Translation for german informal.
DO as Hruendel said. Rename the Files and Modify the xml file so that it suits your translation. (Rename Filenames, Version, Description etc.)
Should work after some tries!

15 years 3 months ago #85563 by mtovard
Replied by mtovard on topic Re:How to translate?
Hi, Just save the {language}.php file in UTF-8 format and it will work, read this post for more info.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,78918/catid,63/

Best Regards,

Manuel

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds