How to translate admin backend ?

15 years 3 months ago #84112 by dawei
Replied by dawei on topic Re:How to translate admin backend ?
If you want to translate the menus like 'Tools' in backend, you have two ways to do that:

1- go to your MySQL database and find the rows about CB in the 'jos_components' table. You have to edit the 'name' and 'admin_menu_alt' fields. Indeed, when you installed CB, Joomla used the 'comprofiler.xml' file to fill these rows. If you open this file, you can find in line 315 :

[code:1] <menu>Community Builder</menu>
<submenu>
<menu task="showusers">User Management</menu>
<menu task="showTab">Tab Management</menu>
<menu task="showField">Field Management</menu>
<menu task="showLists">List Management</menu>
<menu task="showPlugins">Plugin Management</menu>
<menu task="tools">Tools</menu>
<menu task="showconfig">Configuration</menu>
</submenu>
[/code:1]

2- the second possibility is, before to install CB, to unzip the package and to edit the 'comprofiler.xml' file (see above). Save it, remake the zip package and finally install CB.

Sure it would be better to have a language plugin system to translate CB backend... :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #84116 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re:How to translate admin backend ?
Ok beautiful thanks a lot :-)

Last things like I say we can find 2 XML files comprofilerj.xml and comprofiler.xml but it appear it is same files...What is the difference between ?? Before installing component I need to translate this 2 files or only comprofiler.xml ?

Yes a backend plugin translation can be very nice and useful...I will try to contact CB team for ask how is possible to do this and point me in the right direction...

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

15 years 3 months ago #84130 by dawei
Replied by dawei on topic Re:How to translate admin backend ?
dotcom22 wrote:

Ok beautiful thanks a lot :-)

Last things like I say we can find 2 XML files comprofilerj.xml and comprofiler.xml but it appear it is same files...What is the difference between ?? Before installing component I need to translate this 2 files or only comprofiler.xml ?

comprofilerj.xml is for Joomla 1.5 and comprofiler.xml for 1.0. Edit the XML file corresponding to your version of Joomla ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn