CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter Connect plugins

14 years 1 month ago #127030 by beat
This thread discusses the Content article: CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter Connect plugins released!

Many Thanks to our Kyle (krileon) who has been main developer of these two plugins during the last year, improving constantly those plugins until reaching our quality expectations for a 1.0 RC release.

Many Thanks to Nick for the documentation and hundreds of test runs.

Many Thanks to the CB Test Workgroup for final tests.

It's an exciting release, of something started almost a year ago, and which proved to be much more difficult than initially expected.

Wishing you great increases in registrations and memberships. Let us know here what you think of them and how they go :)

Please remember to BACKUP your site before installing RC releases as usual.

EDIT:
- CB 1.2.2 is required, the installer refuses to install onto earlier versions.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2010/03/17 10:12

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127047 by rctelles
Sir, this may have already been answered, but does this play well with 1.2.1? I am still having upgrade issues and prefer to leave 1.2.1 until I can figure my problem out a little more.

I have been looking into this and nothing has seemed to work. I cant wait to try it out:)

EDIT: nvm. found my answer. now i really need to get this upgrade going.

Post edited by: rctelles, at: 2010/03/17 10:01

14 years 1 month ago #127049 by nant
rctelles wrote:

Sir, this may have already been answered, but does this play well with 1.2.1? I am still having upgrade issues and prefer to leave 1.2.1 until I can figure my problem out a little more.

I have been looking into this and nothing has seemed to work. I cant wait to try it out:)

EDIT: nvm. found my answer. now i really need to get this upgrade going.

Post edited by: rctelles, at: 2010/03/17 10:01

You need to upgrade to CB 1.2.2 for these plugins to work.

The CB 1.2.2 upgrade is painless for Joomla 1.5 environments since you can just install right over your existing environment - without uninstalling. All parameters and plugin settings are kept intact.

14 years 1 month ago #127081 by yellowhousedesign
Replied by yellowhousedesign on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter Connect plugins
Thanks for the release! How does this play along with CB Subs? I may be looking at this completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time ha) but if a user can bypass registration... doesn't that hinder the subscription capabilities of CB Subs? Thanks!

14 years 1 month ago #127090 by nant
yellowhousedesign wrote:

Thanks for the release! How does this play along with CB Subs? I may be looking at this completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time ha) but if a user can bypass registration... doesn't that hinder the subscription capabilities of CB Subs? Thanks!

Good question.

Actually we have been testing these with CBSubs also.

You can see them working hand-in-hand at our CBSubs demo site:

cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com/

14 years 1 month ago #127105 by yellowhousedesign
Replied by yellowhousedesign on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter Connect plugins
Nant,
Thanks for the quick response. That's great to hear - I visited the test website and all seems to be in order. Thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn