CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter Connect plugins

14 years 1 month ago #128577 by startercoach
My fault for not being clear with my original post. My site does have CBSubs installed and licensed. I currently have 2 subscription (membership) plans to choose from. Neither is offered when using facebook link to register. What config settings were used to force a facebook link/registration to first select a subscription plan?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #128644 by vamarra
mrappi wrote:

I've found where the dummy email is set in line 1061 of components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/cr.facebookconnect.php
I then tried to get either 'email or 'proxied_email' from facebook using cbGetParam, also creating a $ variable, and adding the field to the other ones in line 1163. Can't get it to work, I get a "please enter a valid email address" error.
What all changes are necessary?
I think getting the user's email (even a proxy will do) is worth an extra pop up.
Thanks

I think it would be great to have. You might want to contact the admins of greennexxus.com to ask how they did it. I don't run that site, I just noticed that feature when I was on their site and used their facebook connect button.

14 years 1 month ago #128674 by krileon
vamarra wrote:

mrappi wrote:

I've found where the dummy email is set in line 1061 of components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/cr.facebookconnect.php
I then tried to get either 'email or 'proxied_email' from facebook using cbGetParam, also creating a $ variable, and adding the field to the other ones in line 1163. Can't get it to work, I get a "please enter a valid email address" error.
What all changes are necessary?
I think getting the user's email (even a proxy will do) is worth an extra pop up.
Thanks

I think it would be great to have. You might want to contact the admins of greennexxus.com to ask how they did it. I don't run that site, I just noticed that feature when I was on their site and used their facebook connect button.

We are aware of this method and requesting of users email, am working on a method to display a bar at the top of the page asking for permission instead of a pop-up. Generally users consensus is if they have to deal with 2+ pop-ups they will leave immediately resulting in basically more loss then gain. Adding a bar at the top of the page is unobtrusive and allows them to browse respectively without forcibly having to select allow or deny (of course would remain until they have done so). This isn't set in stone, but is certainly something to investigate further.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #128832 by vamarra
that's great news krileon, i hope you realize your method, it sounds like a good and unobtrusive way of going about it.
by the way, if anyone is sitting on the fence about becoming a document subscriber, and are thinking of doing so to get this plugin, also remember that there are many other plugins available to document subscribers besides just this one. I use many of them (e.g. wall, privacy, captcha) and they are great.

14 years 1 month ago #128848 by mrappi
that site is not using CB, not even joomla.
Later I tried adding email to line 296 of components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/facebook-client/facebook.php
but I just don't get it...
I also read somewhere that I might need to add this:
<fb:prompt-permission perms="email">Would you like to receive email from our application?</fb:prompt-permission>
to the login button
I'll keep playing

14 years 1 month ago #128859 by PCAnalyzer
Is possible to HIDE twitter and fb button if an users is already logged in? Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn