CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter Connect plugins

14 years 1 month ago #128930 by krileon
PCAnalyzer wrote:

Is possible to HIDE twitter and fb button if an users is already logged in? Thank you.

No, the button will change to meet the situation. If logged in will allow either Linking, Sign in, or Unlinking. If you wish otherwise you're welcome to edit the plugin to make any changes you'd like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #129659 by NuMoon
PCAnalyzer wrote:

Is possible to HIDE twitter and fb button if an users is already logged in? Thank you.

Actually yes, but you need to copy the module and install a hide plugin such as this free one from dioscouri , I use the Ninja ones myself, they have a plugin the same as this and a module one too. If you use the loadposition command in an article you can set as many login modules with all different setting to be viewed by different user groups. I use the Nija Access Module and Plugin myself, but I assume the free version above works as well (didnt know it existed when I got the Nija stuff I paid for ;), I can verify that they work though).

If you don't want it in an article you could try putting the { usergroup} + loadposition command into a mod_anything module, that should sort you out (if not the Ninja one will, but its commercial).

Best,

NuMoon

14 years 4 weeks ago #130249 by chouxpastry2002
Replied by chouxpastry2002 on topic Re:CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter Connect plugins
Hello,

I have installed the Facebook connect and Twitter connect plugins on our website but it seems to be not working.

Can someone please help.

The site url is

www.parenthood.ie/

Please try to help me.

Regards,
Sam.

14 years 4 weeks ago #130255 by nant
chouxpastry2002 wrote:

Hello,

I have installed the Facebook connect and Twitter connect plugins on our website but it seems to be not working.

Can someone please help.

The site url is

www.parenthood.ie/

Please try to help me.

Regards,
Sam.

Please post your CB Facebook support questions on the relevant forum here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,showcat/catid,117/

Also, as you do not appear to be a CB Documentation subscriber, please state how you got this plugin.

14 years 4 weeks ago #130393 by jasellyn
First of all, I want to say these new plugins are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!

Not only the plugins themselves, but the documentation is spectacular! If ONLY all extensions had these wonderful instructions for dummies like me!

Next I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents because I initially had a REALLY frustrating time getting them to work. It did NOT have anything to do with the plugins, but rather, because my webhost had decided to add a little feature called "Outgoing Connection Manager" to my control panel.

After hours of running hither and yon almost giving up, I FINALLY went to my webhost (after reading the information provided in the Joomlapolis forums) and lo and behold, there it was hidden away in my webhost control panel. Once I disabled this manager, I went back to my Joomla admin panel and, BINGO, the plugins are working like a treat.

Hopefully that will help someone who is finding similar issues with the installation of the plugins. But in the meantime, THANKS GUYS!!!!

Ellyn

We are all omnibuses in which our ancestors ride, and every now and then one of them sticks his head out and embarrasses us. — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

14 years 3 weeks ago #130754 by kevvie
Hi Nant,
Chouxpastry is helping to troubleshoot the integration of Facebook and Twitter on my site and that is why he is requesting this information. If you require further clarification I can PM any details you require.
Regards
Kev

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn