CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter Connect plugins

14 years 1 month ago #127202 by circsoc
You said in the description that you can synchronize certain profile information from facebook. Does this mean data like my name, DOB, hoobies and favorite books are pulled from my facebook profile and stored on the CB users data base?? Or do you cache the information or does it require constant API calls? Some clarification about where the data come from and how it's stored would really help me determine if this is worthwhile.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127255 by krileon
mediaguru wrote:

Perhaps I'm not configured correctly or I'm brain dead, but what does it mean when you click the facebook icon in the CB login module (link or login) and nothing happens?

Means there is likely a conflict and the JS has failed or misconfiguration. If using Firefox then navigate to Tools on your browser menu and select Error Console to check for Fatal JS errors.

circsoc wrote:

You said in the description that you can synchronize certain profile information from facebook. Does this mean data like my name, DOB, hoobies and favorite books are pulled from my facebook profile and stored on the CB users data base?? Or do you cache the information or does it require constant API calls? Some clarification about where the data come from and how it's stored would really help me determine if this is worthwhile.

Data is pulled from Facebook then cached to an XML file. This XML file is then called to compare information to the users CB information. If there is a mismatch then the Facbeook information populates to CB (if configured to do so of course) and thus stored to database. If the user does not exist the user is created of course.

In the plugins parameters you can control how long this information is cached in the XML file and how long the XML file should be checked for new data. This caching is done to prevent just that; constant API calls. It avoids having to hit Facebook servers over and over for data checking.

However, there's no beating around the bush with the aspect that Facebook is slow on response sometimes and their API does load external libraries such as JS. So do expect a SLIGHT performance hit (maybe 1-2s?).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/18 16:09

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127377 by barryflood22
where can I download the plugins? I can't find them...

14 years 1 month ago #127401 by nant
barryflood22 wrote:

where can I download the plugins? I can't find them...

You need to be a CB Documentation subscriber.

CB Facebook Connect plugin has just been updated to RC 2.

All RC installations should download latest and install over old (no parameter settings will be lost).

14 years 1 month ago #127460 by loila
krileon wrote:

You could hide the login form using CSS, but facebook connected users can login via CB if they like; so wouldn't remove that. Best approach would be to not allow new registrations thus users must register via facebook.

[code:1]
<input class="facebookconnect_button cbfbc_link" type="button" title="TITLE" value="VALUE" />
[/code:1]

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/17 16:47

yes i did it and it works :)

what about twitter how should i do it for twitter?

www.vidogg.com

Dedicated

14 years 1 month ago #127463 by krileon
loila wrote:

what about twitter how should i do it for twitter?

You can't, twitter doesn't use the same form of link. However possibly in next release will be able to make this possible. As is the JS is directly inside of the input instead of as a jQuery based button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn