CB Privacy Plugin Preview

15 years 1 month ago #90642 by rodvold
Replied by rodvold on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
I'm not sure if begging is the right way to get a response... but, oh wait... what's this in my pocket? A brand new one dollar bill! I think Mr Washington needs to find a home... :laugh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #91034 by parentpages1
Replied by parentpages1 on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
See the little icon called Document Subscriber? I've already handed over a few little washingtons! :whistle:

15 years 1 month ago #91123 by drachenglut
Replied by drachenglut on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
beat wrote:

Thanks. :)
Won't be "weeks" anymore. ;)

ok, its month? :-)

15 years 1 month ago #91509 by nuMarc
Replied by nuMarc on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
Any news? :woohoo:

Not enough cash for a sig :-(

15 years 1 month ago #92431 by NuMoon
Replied by NuMoon on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
Hey Beat :)

Great that you got this out :).

However, I am having a little trouble getting it to do what I wanted.

Some tabs do not show in the back end, so there is no way to set the permissions on them for the user (I just entered into the database so know it works as desired though).

Is it possible to apply the rules I have for my tabs to all users? Like, if i took the 'user id' out of the database so athat as admin i can set a blanket rule for a tab?

I would like to have blanket rules for a set of tabs (basically everything in tabmain to be connections only). Perhaps that would be an easier method of doing such a thing (have a tab area like tabmain or underall to apply such a rule to?).

Many thanks for all your work :laugh: !

Best,

NuMoon

15 years 1 month ago #92432 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
NuMoon wrote:

Hey Beat :)

Great that you got this out :).

However, I am having a little trouble getting it to do what I wanted.

AA. Some tabs do not show in the back end, so there is no way to set the permissions on them for the user (I just entered into the database so know it works as desired though).

BB. Is it possible to apply the rules I have for my tabs to all users? Like, if i took the 'user id' out of the database so athat as admin i can set a blanket rule for a tab?

CC. I would like to have blanket rules for a set of tabs (basically everything in tabmain to be connections only). Perhaps that would be an easier method of doing such a thing (have a tab area like tabmain or underall to apply such a rule to?).

Many thanks for all your work :laugh: !

Best,

NuMoon

(ADDED AA, BB and CC)

You are welcome. Hope you like it, specially the users-list and searches privacy implementation. :)

Inserted "AA", "BB" and "CC" in your text above to answer the 3 items:

AA: why do some tabs not appear in backend ? never heard of such an issue. Privacy plugin doesn't (or shouldn't) affect backend at all... ?

BB. Blanket rule without override from user you mean ? that could be feasible. With override from user it might become heavy on database...

CC. Positions are not in the equation at this stage, and we are not planing to put it into equation, again for database load reasons.

As a matter of fact, database efficiency, specially in users-lists and searches has been a key design constraint, and not an easy one at all, specially for complex searches, where the query is compiled by CB according to field-type plugins and field-overriding plugins (like Privacy, but more to come as well).

So for now, only an option for "Admin-only set rule for tab, non-overridable by user" could be implemented without affecting efficiency, imho.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds