Search Function Not finding users

15 years 4 months ago #81575 by LSK6453
Search Function Not finding users was created by LSK6453
After my recent upgrade to CB 1.2 RC4, when I type a user's name into the search box, the results come back as not found. This is for all users.

Can anyone assist me with this?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81577 by LSK6453
Replied by LSK6453 on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
I have found that my users used to have first name and last name in the profile, now it is just name

so, I cannot search by someone's first name or last name, just their full name..

15 years 4 months ago #81614 by leblancs
Replied by leblancs on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
This is also the case for me. After a brief test, I found that when searching by Name, users with only one word for their name seem to be found just fine, but users with more than one word ("John Doe") are not found.

-Matt

15 years 4 months ago #81630 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
Please check to make sure "First and Last Name Field" is selected via Community Builder Configuration on General tab next to "Name Style".

Then check your fields to ensure the first name and last name fields are published while the name field is unpublished.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/12/08 22:37

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #81647 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
Also go to CB configuration check it and SAVE configuration, especially after an expert upgrade... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #81883 by kilil
Replied by kilil on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
I have found it has to be an exact mach to the name

First & Last

search for Mark Jones will show the profile of Mark Jones.

But a search for Mark or a search for Jones will yield no results.

RC 3 allowed you to do searches on partial names..

I sort of like that and find this more intuitive for a search.

Any hints on how I can get that back.

Besides this no other issues

(well except for the dropdown of lists missing but that has been addressed in teh forum already)

Thanks again for a great update!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn