Search Function Not finding users

15 years 4 months ago #82056 by LSK6453
Replied by LSK6453 on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
This was the fix - I was playing with it the other day and just check back on this post.

Thanks

krileon wrote:

Please check to make sure "First and Last Name Field" is selected via Community Builder Configuration on General tab next to "Name Style".

Then check your fields to ensure the first name and last name fields are published while the name field is unpublished.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/12/08 22:37

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82158 by kilil
Replied by kilil on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
Ok I have checked all that has been suggested in this thread and I have searched and searched again all the forums

here is a screenshot that make me believe that the box we use to give our term to be queried might actually not be the right one.... (note the mouse over)

"Please enter your real full name" ??? no I was planing to search somebody else... and I don't know their full name....

Am I just crazy or unique... do all your upgraded CB installs still work fine, or do you also have errors when attempting to search.

Post edited by: kilil, at: 2008/12/12 15:22

Post edited by: kilil, at: 2008/12/12 15:24

15 years 4 months ago #82432 by LSK6453
Replied by LSK6453 on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
Once I switch the setting off of full name, everything worked fine. Thanks for the suggestions.

Now, if I could just get the search boxes to show all the time and not hide, my users would be happy.

15 years 3 months ago #84270 by kilil
Replied by kilil on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
Thank you Beat and Krileon for your responses.

I have followed your suggestions:

krileon wrote:

Please check to make sure "First and Last Name Field" is selected via Community Builder Configuration on General tab next to "Name Style".

Then check your fields to ensure the first name and last name fields are published while the name field is unpublished.

But NO luck.

Still I have to type the exact first and last name to get any results from a search.

After reading your responses and waiting to see if others perhaps had this issue I started to think it was me. But now a few weeks later and searching the forums for clues and triple checking all settings I can still not seem to find a resolution to this issue.

15 years 3 months ago #84314 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
You have to type the exact first a last name when using Simple Search. Change your list to use advanced search and you can then search with different conditions.

Simple search always searches as "XYZ = ???".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #84706 by nightlrd
Replied by nightlrd on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
Is there a plugin or another option to this as I find our regular users are not going to think in the logical way of including both the first and last name or might just know only one or the other. Can simple search be "fixed" to do partial queries like as one of the other posters mentioned, it used to in an older version?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn