mod_login disable

15 years 3 months ago #83220 by cowboysdude
Replied by cowboysdude on topic Re:mod_login disable
krileon wrote:

lukass2000 wrote:

Hello!

Is there a possibility the original login module (mod_login) to completely disable?

I do not know why, but sometimes applications are on the original module, and not on the CB login.

THANK YOU!

Disable (unpublish) Joomlas login module then publish CB Login.

That does NOT always work...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #83231 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:mod_login disable
cowboysdude wrote:

krileon wrote:

lukass2000 wrote:

Hello!

Is there a possibility the original login module (mod_login) to completely disable?

I do not know why, but sometimes applications are on the original module, and not on the CB login.

THANK YOU!

Disable (unpublish) Joomlas login module then publish CB Login.

That does NOT always work...

Not always, but the case generally is users continue to operate both login modules and registration systems at the same time. This will, has, and does cause severe conflicts or unknown reactions.

Unpublish the original login module entirely. Configure global settings off and have CB registration independent of joomla. I've repeatedly attempted to duplicate these issues and have not been successful after following proper configuration procedures.

J1.0:
Site -> Global Configuration -> Site
Allow User Registration: NO
Use New Account Activation: NO
Front-end Login: NO
Require Unique E-mail: (your choice.. affects CB!)

Components -> Community Builder -> Configuration -> Registration
Allow User Registration: yes, independently of global setting
(rest is your choice)

Modules -> Site Modules
Login Form (mod_login): UNPUBLISHED
CB Login (mod_cblogin): PUBLISHED

J1.5:
Site -> Global Configuration -> System
Allow User Registration: NO
New User Account Activation: NO

Components -> Community Builder -> Configuration -> Registration
Allow User Registration: yes, independently of global setting
(rest is your choice)

Extensions -> Module Manager
Login Form (mod_login): UNPUBLISHED
CB Login (mod_cblogin): PUBLISHED

Give that a try; and remember documentation is there to help everyone for this and many other basic scenarios. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds