Activity Plugin! ???

15 years 1 month ago #89505 by kubbah
Replied by kubbah on topic Re:Activity Plugin! ???
the same ... and still having this problem

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /web/htdocs/www.xxx.com/home/modules/mod_cb_superactivity/helpers/functions.php on line 148

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.axxis.gr:80 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) in /web/htdocs/www.xxx.com/home/modules/mod_cb_superactivity/helpers/functions.php on line 148

already wrote an email to the developer
The topic has been locked.
15 years 1 month ago #89509 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Activity Plugin! ???
Developer's forums are having a serious problem too. Can't view posts or post. Support doesn't accept proper registration code. A component, properly integrated, should not need database username and password. This is a SERIOUS security issue. Uninstalled.

UPDATE: Reinstalled correct file with no initial errors, but accessing the configuration or log tab shows:

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_cbactivity/admin.cbactivity.php on line 19

Warning: file_get_contents(www.axxis.gr/components/com_customersupport/version.dat) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_cbactivity/admin.cbactivity.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_cbactivity/admin.cbactivity.php on line 22

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_cbactivity/admin.cbactivity.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_cbactivity/admin.cbactivity.php on line 24

Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_cbactivity/admin.cbactivity.php on line 29

Still take issue with database password requirement in backend.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/02/22 16:50

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction
15 years 1 month ago #89513 by grvulture
Replied by grvulture on topic Re:Activity Plugin! ???
Rapunzl wrote:

Developer's forums are having a serious problem too. Can't view posts or post.

I see you never asked for customer forum access...

Support doesn't accept proper registration code.

That could only be true if you didn't complete the component installation properly

A component, properly integrated, should not need database username and password.

The component only sends its registration code and the website url back to the server (so it can relate the registration code with the website). From there it READS from the server to notify you if new updates are available. A lot of components do that. The info entered in registration login, is cross-checked with our paypal-transaction, to ensure you did purchase the plugin. NO PERSONAL INFORMATION is stored.

This is a SERIOUS security issue.

From the moment you decide to install a 3rd party joomla plugin you open a security hole. Any devious developer can take almost all your personal information from your site, except from your admin password, very easily. This includes your ftp username and password, your database username and password, etc. We all who use joomla know this. It's all about trust... It's needless to say I would never do such thing.

SUPER ACTIVITY PLUGIN:
www.axxis.gr/super_activity/
15 years 1 month ago #89514 by grvulture
Replied by grvulture on topic Re:Activity Plugin! ???

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_cbactivity/admin.cbactivity.php on line 19

etc...

you have to tell your host to allow_url_fopen in your php.ini

SUPER ACTIVITY PLUGIN:
www.axxis.gr/super_activity/
15 years 1 month ago #89879 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Activity Plugin! ???
kubbah wrote:

the same ... and still having this problem

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /web/htdocs/www.xxx.com/home/modules/mod_cb_superactivity/helpers/functions.php on line 148

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.axxis.gr:80 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) in /web/htdocs/www.xxx.com/home/modules/mod_cb_superactivity/helpers/functions.php on line 148

already wrote an email to the developer

Hello grvulture,

i have the same error twice on my frontpage and can actually not access your website (server offline?)

Think THIS is the reason for the error output.

:S Hope you have not be attacked :S

Can you please also post your solution for this error [code:1]Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.axxis.gr:80 (Connection refused) in .../modules/mod_cb_superactivity/helpers/functions.php on line 148[/code:1]

I think your backend update is a good way but it should not result in a error output on the frontpage if your update server is offline.

And btw. this seems to have a big impact on my websites performance so i had to turn off the twice implemented module.

surely you will agree that both, perfomance impact and error output on frontsite is a big pain.

Please take your time to solve your server problems and than you can hopefully find one of your nice solutions for this challenge.

We all looking forward to hear from you :)

Hope to see you back in business soon ;)

Post edited by: KurtSteiner, at: 2009/02/25 19:42

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)
15 years 1 month ago #89887 by sadel
Replied by sadel on topic Re:Activity Plugin! ???
I was so happy using this module on my front page until yesterday.

Today I can not acces my front page when the module is published, i ended up disabling it. I try to visit the vendor website but it is also down. i sure don't know what is going on with this.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds