Allowing non-unique Email adress [CB + J1.5]

15 years 4 months ago #82354 by hensie43
It's true that Joomla 1.5 does not allow using non-unique E-mail adresses. But it is a feature request which has many followers and it is a possibility that it will be allowed in future versions of Joomla.

For people who need this functionality now and still have/want to use Joomla 1.5. There is a simple hack which removes the unique E-mail check in Joomla.
See forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=500&t=167296

I believe CB itself can adapt to allowing non-unique E-mail adresses. But it queries the CMS on which it is installed and detects Joomla 1.5 after which CB automatically won't allow using non-unique adresses.

We can't expect CB to know that our J1.5 is patched. I would like to know if there is a way to override CB's standard behaviour when used on a patched J 1.5 installation?

So is there a way to fool CB. I tried changing plugin.foundation.php. But after that the unique E-mail check while adding new users in the backend was still active.
[code:1]case 'uniquemail':
if ( checkJversion() == 1 ) {
return '1'; " CHANGED THIS TO '0"
}
break;[/code:1]
Disclaimer:
As with all hacks, the scenario described above is not without risks. Know what you are doing....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82356 by nant
hensie43 wrote:

It's true that Joomla 1.5 does not allow using non-unique E-mail adresses. But it is a feature request which has many followers and it is a possibility that it will be allowed in future versions of Joomla.

Question is how will the workflows work without uniqe email addresses?

Just to name a few:

- lost password
- lost username
- notifications (used everywhere)

15 years 4 months ago #82366 by hensie43
Yes there are some problems :)

But in my case it is about small organisations who choose to not provide me with the E-mail adress of the individual employees.

Username & password are set by the organisation I work for. The user is not allowed to change username or password.

And the organisation has accepted the user agreement in which we explain the consequences when they only use one E-mail adress for all its employees.

Post edited by: hensie43, at: 2008/12/14 19:34

15 years 4 days ago #95748 by JeLu
This is something I really would like to know too. I have tested to change in Joomla and it works but I can´t find where I can change this in CB 1.2

15 years 4 days ago #95773 by Rapunzl
From CB Configuration:

This is a CMS global setting for the site, or a CMS feature. CB adapts automatically to this setting/feature.

So your Joomla setting should be respected. :)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn