language string in registration email

14 years 11 months ago #97242 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:language string in registration email
asgard wrote:

This response from Nick (Nant) on an old locked thread -

you should be able to get the exact same effect if you use a language string in the email message in the registration confguration. no code changes needed.

Nick A.
CB Core Team Member

indicates language strings can be used in defining the welcome message in the backend. This is obviously way superior to the other approach which requires hacking the CB files and never using the CB backend again!

Nick - are you able to explain how to do this? In searching for an answer I've found a number of posters encountering this problem.

Cannot explain it - it works for me.
Does it not work for you?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #97247 by asgard
Replied by asgard on topic Re:language string in registration email
Thanks, I just worked it out. The email field needs to contain just one language string containing the entire email. In the language definition file that string can contain CB variables.

I was breaking up the text in the field into language strings and CB variables to form an entire letter. It didn't work :)

14 years 9 months ago #104934 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:language string in registration email
asgard wrote:

The email field needs to contain just one language string containing the entire email.

Hi,

I have tried this but the "Welcome Email" is always sent in the default language (English) and NOT in the language selected by the user upon registration (through the Joomfish module).

I made sure to define the custom string in default_language.php (English) and in spanish.php.

I've researched and read tons of posts related to this (moslty old posts prior to CB 1.2.1) but haven't found a solution.

How can I send the Welcome Email in the language selected by the user when registering?

Thanks,

Carlos
P.S. I'm using:
Joomla 1.5.12
CB 1.2.1
CBSubs 1.0.1
Joomfish 2.0.3
sh404sef 1.0.20

14 years 9 months ago #105232 by leven
Replied by leven on topic Re:language string in registration email
Hi Carlos,

If I understand correctly, I don't think you can send the correct language welcome mail. This is because the cb welcome mail language depends on the administrative backend language chosen, so only the users who happen to have the same language as admin will get the correct one.
Basically I guess you should include both language welcome messages together so you are sure your users will understand.

Confirmation link mails work fine (with user frontend language choices)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn